Techexams site

john edwardsjohn edwards Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D Hi I've just joined the site. I've been looking for a good forum relating to the pursuit of I.T certs and this one is the best i've seen.

The one provided with my learning provider was completely useless, they are more interested in selling me the books and cbt than actually help me pass my exams.

I have just passed the A+ and now I've started the Network+, eventually leading to the MCSA (I hope).

Looking forward to swapping questions with you all.

John Edwards

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Welcome aboard! Congrats on A+. For your Net+ studies, I highly reccomend the Technotes SE created by Webmaster. They are very good. I also reccomend trying to take the exam before the new objectives kick in, sometime mid-2005. Currently, Net+ is relatively easy. You could probably pass using the Technotes alone. I used those, along with Mike Myers All-In-One book for Net+.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Welcome aboard

Also congratz with your A+ and good luck with the other certifications
    For the Network+ i used Sybex Network+ 3rd edition. It has usefull information. Also used the technotes from here and from http://www.mcmcse.com/

Good luck
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Welcome home, john edwards!

Best of luck on your IT career!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Welcome to the club. Congrats on the A+ cert. I agree, go ahead and try to get the Net+ exam out the way. It is fairly easy to get now. The new 2005 exam from what I hear is a bit of a doozy.

:D
  • john edwardsjohn edwards Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I was a bit concerned as to when the the new exam would be implemented.

I have 2 study guides Mike Meyers (AIO) and Sybex 3rd edition. Looking through them Mike Meyers seems to be the better one. Does anyone have any opinions or preferences?

Thanks
  • astint1astint1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The TechNotes here are perfect and also do any and all practice tests that you can find. As far as reference i used the technotes and Exam Cram 2 Network+. Now I need to go back and get A+ then ill go to MCSA.
    21 Years Old. MCPed at Age 17. My son will be the first 1 year old MCSE certified. LOL.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would used Mike Myers and the Technotes. Both very good.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Mike Meyers all in one book & CBT Nuggets videos, the Learnkey series are also very good.

Good luck!!!
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For Network+ the Mike Meyers AIO and the TechNotes from here are just what the doctor ordered.
    I used the Learnkey CBTs, with the Meyers book, but that was before I came across this place. Used CBT Nuggets for other exams and they are pretty much on the mark.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007