Options

Confused on which path to take

I'm a Cisco academy student and a college student going for an A.A.S in Networking. My school offers a MCP in XP PRO and server 2003. I'm just confused because I want to get a MCSE but I'm not sure about the following:

Should my MCSE be in 2000 or 2003 or both?
Should I get my MCSA since I'll have N+ and A+ for the elective and server 2003, XP Pro. ??

or... Should I skip the MCSA and go MCSE?

Please help this confused person.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    From what I understand, there are quite a few that are working on obtaining there MCSE in Windows 2000 or at least their MCSA in 2000. But if you are getting starting fresh with MS certification, working torwards the 2003 certification would probably be better, but you need to research the job markets now in and around your area to get an understanding what certifications are being asked. Windows 2000 will not go away anytime soon.

A lot have gone the MCSA to MCSE route. This is what I have done. Work towards an MCSA certification. One of the MCSA requirements turns into an MCSE Elective. I just obtained my MCSE a few weeks ago in Windows 2000 and I plan on upgrading my MCSA/MCSE certs to Windows 2003 with just 2 tests soon.