Scheduled ICND1

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I just scheduled my exam for July 9th(soonest date my testing center has available). The funny thing is, I was fine prior to hitting the confirmation button, then I got all nervous and shakey. Please let me pass!!!

If I screw up, its just a $125 practice test... icon_sad.gif
«1

Comments

  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It will be fine man, even if you fail you leave with alot more than you think you do, and you can come back as a much better individual.

    However, you should pass =) CCENT is harder than the Network+ exam IMO, so be prepared to use up almost all of your testing time. Keep an eye on the clock.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I don't want to burn myself out studying, so I've decided to stick to 1 hour of review a night. The night before the test will be dinner and a movie (probably matrix or hackers, if the other half can put up with it ;) )
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I don't want to burn myself out studying, so I've decided to stick to 1 hour of review a night. The night before the test will be dinner and a movie (probably matrix or hackers, if the other half can put up with it ;) )

    Good idea. I still watch Hackers now and again. Most people hate that movie but it holds a special place in my heart. Best of luck on your exam.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!! You can do it!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • alan2308alan2308 CISSP, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security Ann Arbor, MIMember Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I appreciate everyones support! icon_thumright.gif

    Has anyone used "CCENT Quick Reference Notes" purchased from Cisco Press? I purchased it 2 or so weeks ago and have read through it twice. Does anyone have an opinion about it? Would one recommend it to use before taking the ICND1?
  • zoo54924zoo54924 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I appreciate everyones support! icon_thumright.gif

    Has anyone used "CCENT Quick Reference Notes" purchased from Cisco Press? I purchased it 2 or so weeks ago and have read through it twice. Does anyone have an opinion about it? Would one recommend it to use before taking the ICND1?

    I recommend the Wendell Odom ICND1 official exam cert guide and boson sims for practice. Even though I failed the CCENT exam last week, I still had a good understanding from reading his material. The Boson helped as well.

    I'm planning on retaking mine soon but here's a suggestion...manage your time wisely. thats what bit me in the butt.

    good luck!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    You will be fine! Posting back July 9th saying you passed! icon_thumright.gif Just remember when you get in the exam room BREATH! Make sure that you read the question, read all the answers, re-read the question and then pick the best answer(s). On top of that, make sure that if you end up with Sims, you don't spend more than 10 minutes on them. If you get to 10 minutes and can't get it, move on.
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I'm starting to get the pretest jitters. Granted its like 8 days away, but can't help it. I hope I don't freeze up and screw myself out my first Cisco cert attempt.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Be clam and believe in yourself on test day. There will come a point where you basically "can't study anymore" and the material will be in your head. At that point either stop studying and do what you love doing for leisure or review lightly (either case up until the exam).

    Not to scare you but its almost impossible to tell how you're doing throughout the exam. From experience, I felt like I failed it when I took it but come print screen time I got a high score lol.

  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,090
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I'm starting to get the pretest jitters.

    Actually there's not much you can do about it other than try to relax -- and hope you don't have the "during exam jitters" too. icon_eek.gif

    If it's any comfort -- I only had the during test jitters for my first Cisco exam. And the pretest jitters finally went away entirely by my 15th exam. icon_cool.gif

    You just have to power through it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I have also scheduled my exam for next week. This is my third booking, the previous twice i booked it and then within a week of the exam get very nervous thinking to myself "im not ready because i don't know this and that and that etc ..." my brain just feels like mush, i dunno if i have over studied or what.
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Between questions, No.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,090
    Once you hit the Next button you can't go back -- ever.

    If you have a SIMLET, make sure you've answered each of the individual parts before you hit Next. While it may pop up an "are you sure" message, it's still easy to not think and say yes -- thinking you're moving from the first part/question to the next part/question. The Next button always takes you to the Next Question.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    You got thisicon_exclaim.gif keep crushing the boson test simulator and maybe just play with packet tracer or your own lab the night before,good luck bro!
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was really nervous during my first Cisco exam, but after my Cisco cherry was popped I felt a lot better every time after. Just use time management and always forge ahead, nothing makes you more nervous than answering questions while running out of time.
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Monkers strode confidently to the entrance of testing center, secure in the knowledge that he had studied for his test as throughly as he possibly could. His knees shook briefly and his hand trembled as he opened the door. Inside, he spoke to the proctor and gained entry to the exam room and received a piece of scratch paper and a pencil. He transferred all the things he felt he would need to remember on the scratch paper before beginning his exam. Sweat beaded his forehead and he took a moment to take a deep breath, and recalled memories of victory throughout his life.

    Now feeling more confident and feeling a stirring of courage within him. He started answering questions. The first few posed no challenged and he was able to answer them immediately. Then a question on frame relay appeared! Our hero briefly struggled to recall the neccessary facts to answer it, but then consulted his scratch paper and reread the question and found clarity through the process of elimination. Breathing a sigh of relief at the close call, he continued onwards, feeling more confident with each question being answered in a way he was supremely confident was correct. The simlets nearly gave him a heart attack, but once he calmed down, he reminded himself that he had labbed those very same scenarios a thousand times previously, and simply told himself it was just another lab scenario and patiently worked it to it's conclusion.

    Before the valiant Monkerz knew it, the foreboding feeling he had going into the exam simply disappeared and the exam was over. With a nervous tingle rippling throughout his body, he closed one eye, and had the other open as he clicked Grade Exam.

    I cannot write any more, it's up to Monkerz from here, lol.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Selfmade wrote: »
    Monkers strode confidently to the entrance of testing center, secure in the knowledge that he had studied for his test as throughly as he possibly could. His knees shook briefly and his hand trembled as he opened the door. Inside, he spoke to the proctor and gained entry to the exam room and received a piece of scratch paper and a pencil. He transferred all the things he felt he would need to remember on the scratch paper before beginning his exam. Sweat beaded his forehead and he took a moment to take a deep breath, and recalled memories of victory throughout his life.

    Now feeling more confident and feeling a stirring of courage within him. He started answering questions. The first few posed no challenged and he was able to answer them immediately. Then a question on frame relay appeared! Our hero briefly struggled to recall the neccessary facts to answer it, but then consulted his scratch paper and reread the question and found clarity through the process of elimination. Breathing a sigh of relief at the close call, he continued onwards, feeling more confident with each question being answered in a way he was supremely confident was correct. The simlets nearly gave him a heart attack, but once he calmed down, he reminded himself that he had labbed those very same scenarios a thousand times previously, and simply told himself it was just another lab scenario and patiently worked it to it's conclusion.

    Before the valiant Monkerz knew it, the foreboding feeling he had going into the exam simply disappeared and the exam was over. With a nervous tingle rippling throughout his body, he closed one eye, and had the other open as he clicked Grade Exam.

    I cannot write any more, it's up to Monkerz from here, lol.


    Awesome!!!!! That reminds me of one of those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books.

    You passed in my version! icon_thumright.gif
  • mindCodermindCoder Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's not like your seat is going to fly back and **** you in to a fiery inferno underneath the floor if you fail... all it means is you will need to buy another voucher and try again. icon_lol.gif
  • alan2308alan2308 CISSP, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security Ann Arbor, MIMember Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mindCoder wrote: »
    It's not like your seat is going to fly back and **** you in to a fiery inferno underneath the floor if you fail... all it means is you will need to buy another voucher and try again. icon_lol.gif

    So I take it that you're not married?
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    alan2308 wrote: »
    So I take it that you're not married?

    lol icon_thumright.gif
    CCNP :study:
  • goshgosh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cant go wrong with angolina jolie nude icon_cool.gif
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Selfmade, I'll have to add to your, 'in the life of Monkerz" short story Friday around 1pm CST.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Well, the time has come. I will sit for my test in approximately 13 hours. I can't wait!!!

    Not studying today felt awesome. Loved the break!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Read the question and answere. Forge ahead don't spend more that 15 min on a sim. Do your best and don't look back. I have good vibes toward you!!!! :D Remember time management is key!!!!
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Passed! With 21 minutes to spare. Time for a brewsky! :)
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Passed! With 21 minutes to spare. Time for a brewsky! :)

    Time to kick back and enjoy the weekend. Congrats. icon_cheers.gif

    Next up you gotta break out some equipment and get some hands on. icon_cool.gif
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats
    CCNP :study:
Sign In or Register to comment.