Options

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). ]

Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am getting this error when I start random programs that I use. I have tried to delete and re-register all my OCX files. but to no gain. I am literally losing my mind over this. All the fixes that I have found on the net do not work.

HELP!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't tell you exactly what it is or what causes it, but if you download all the latest patches one of them should clear it up.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Sadly, I've already taken that avenue. Of course this is the same machine that still gives me Windows File Protection Errors. Methinks it's time to build a new box.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Type this :

REGSVR32.EXE PDATDB40.OCX in the Run box, under the start menu. That should fix it. One of the files keeps writing over another, which is causing the issue. I've heard a bit of this prior, but in Win2000, if you use XP, it should still work. If you get an error message, the file should be found on the Windows disk. Let us know if that works for you.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh yes, I forgot that one on W2K.

If that doesn't do it, another way to approach it is "sfc /scannow" from a command prompt - that can also pick up the corrupted file and replace it with the original. Remember that it will also be picking up all system files that have been replaced by SP updates.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    :D I just said the heck with it and I am going MB/RAM/OS/HDD/Video card/you get the idea shopping tomorrow :)