Options

What is the craziest question you have heard from a user?

2»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No offense but none of these stories strike me as remotely bizarre. These are normal users

I like this one

I had a director of IT infrastructure call me in because his laptop was acting slow. He asked me to take a look at it and of course I did. End up the guy for years had been plugging his machine into a docking station without the network cable connected to the outlet. So instead of connecting at 100 mbs he was rolling on wifi and not even on the protected network. He was actually connecting into the visitor access and then VPNing into the network from his office. I tried to explain how much speed he was losing but he wouldn't hear of it. Infact on my ticket survey when I closed out the trouble ticket I was given all 1's for bad advice.

Top that
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    N2IT wrote: »
    No offense but none of these stories strike me as remotely bizarre. These are normal users

I like this one

I had a director of IT infrastructure call me in because his laptop was acting slow. He asked me to take a look at it and of course I did. End up the guy for years had been plugging his machine into a docking station without the network cable connected to the outlet. So instead of connecting at 100 mbs he was rolling on wifi and not even on the protected network. He was actually connecting into the visitor access and then VPNing into the network from his office. I tried to explain how much speed he was losing but he wouldn't hear of it. Infact on my ticket survey when I closed out the trouble ticket I was given all 1's for bad advice.

Top that

Thats a good one. Especially the all 1s.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    excalibur1814excalibur1814 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Person, "Everything we print on the colour Oki is coming out Blue?"
    Me, "Ok, I'll be there soon". I knew why but fed the line. A day later
    Person, "It's still printing Blue. Did you have a look?"
    Me, "Nope, I'll probably pop over asap" A day later
    Person, "Will you please come over and look at this printer!"

Me, "Ok"

So I march over, walk in, eject the hood and point at the BLUE cart in the K Black slot. I walk off, return a few minutes later and take a picture. The office manager didn't speak to me for a week and I still have the picture.

Person, "My fax machine at home isn't working?"
    Me, "Ok, bring it in"

SOmeone, the person had managed to get an SD card jammed straight into the rollers. No idea how as that section's kind of sealed. Also had a bee stuck in a printer.

I've had the monitor not turned on lots of times.
    Mooooo