Soccer World Cup

124»

Comments

• motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    I thought for sure that Holland was asleep during the middle of the match.... It was strating to heat up right at the end, I think if there were a few more minutes left, it would have been tied.

It was clear that several players were doing the "fall down and act like my ankle is broken" which seems to take away from the game IMO. Thanks for the clarification Kaminsky. I think the only "hit" that I saw that made me cringe was the Holland player who got kicked in the face, now that is what I call "manly" playing. Guess that is why I enjoy watching Rugby I swear, out of the 350+ channels I have, WTH can't I watch the match in HD?????? ESPN/Fox Sports alternates are not being used (blank screens)and the Spanish channels aren't in HD.

I think it will still take some time for WC to catch on over here, even though so many kids play soccer here, it's like it loses steam as a mainstream sport after High School, although they said on TV that this year had the highest viewing numbers in US history.

I won't be able to watch the Spain/Germany match at lunch today, ....... don't spoil it fellas.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Honestly I've never been a huge soccer fan myself but getting this far in the wc sure makes it interesting and fun to watch.
    Exactly the same for me. I usually don't really care for soccer, but I'm really enjoying it right now.. just going with the flow I guess.. :D

Looking forward to the Spain-Germany match. I don't really favour one of them, it should be a good game as they both have a great team.
    motogpman wrote:
    It was strating to heat up right at the end, I think if there were a few more minutes left, it would have been tied.
    I totally agree! They seemed to start getting a bit overconfident at some point.. and looked complete clueless during the last couple of minutes.
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Am I missing something here or did Germany act like they showed up not willing to play hard. Spain work their rears off and it finally paid off for them. Really not happy with Germany's performance, shocking really that they seemed to play like they had to just show up to win. Thanks germany, now my wife has this glow about her now that Spain won and I can't even defend ya'lls playing, LOL.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!