Options

It begins.

Comments

• Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Yep the summary route on the interfaces worked. It advertised a default route.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    the summary address command will supress all the other routes so a leak map was necessary too get my more specific routes back into the routing table
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Really struggling to get the hours in for the last few weeks.

As mentioned above I have just moved house, this is the first time I have ever lived alone (i'm 26) So having to do everything for myself is eating into my time. Also having family dinners a few nights a week means means less time, and add that to the stupid amout of work i have on at the moment = even less time!

Bah. Hopefully everything settles down soon and I will start getting some more solid hours in. Will continue to use any remaining hours i have left in the day for study purposes.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rakem wrote: »
    Really struggling to get the hours in for the last few weeks.

As mentioned above I have just moved house, this is the first time I have ever lived alone (i'm 26) So having to do everything for myself is eating into my time. Also having family dinners a few nights a week means means less time, and add that to the stupid amout of work i have on at the moment = even less time!

Bah. Hopefully everything settles down soon and I will start getting some more solid hours in. Will continue to use any remaining hours i have left in the day for study purposes.

icon_lol.gif
    Welcome to Life+. This is the only certification in which you have to recertify everyday! icon_lol.gif

You'll get used to it. Take your time to gain the knowledge. Remember, it's a quest for knowledge not a race to the finish line! Things will slow down for you again. You can also look at the advantage you have over most of us... you only have to worry about yourself for now! Wait until you get a family... then try to find time to study, work, spend time with the spouse, spend time with the kids, and try to maintain a somewhat decent social life on a daily basis! That's when you'll really feel the struggle! Keep plugging away doing what you can do when you can do it. It'll work itself out! Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    A couple of hours reading over the 'Operation of OSPF' in Routing and Switch Vol 1.
    Good refresher material
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Another hour of OSPF reading and note taking from TCP/IP Volume 1
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done on starting mate.... I started studying for the written when I got back from Europe a month ago :)

Onwards and upwards! - good luck.... :)

I'll start my blog\website blog in the coming days.....just finished reviewing and labbing some dot1q-tunnelling scenarios today... its awesome fun labbing up the topologies you don't really play with on a day-to-day basis... :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    So my boss dropped a bit of a bomb shell yesterday. He wants me to focus on getting Juniper certified. We are doing a central infrustructure project which includes migration to two new datacentres. The datacentres will be running Juniper switches and routers.

So i'm going to have to lay off the CCIE studies for a few months and focus on juniper stuff. He wants me to go after the switching, routing and firewall Junos certs (associate level). Hopefully this should only take a few months and i can get back to CCIE stuff.

I will try to keep the Cisco study going for the duration, but its not going to be my primary focus.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□

Heh, that was awesome!

"Saw a man with whom I used to peer
    Asked him to rescue my career
    He just sighed and turned away.."

Pure poetry :)

I recall a similar cover of "Tubthumping" featuring lyrics such as:

Gig links are down, no wait, they're up again

That song isn't as good, but the lyrics were funny as h*.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    I know I'm supposed to be studying JunOS at the moment but I don't want to give up on the CCIE stuff so last night i did an hour of OSPF review, and did an hour of labs over the weekend as well.

Going to try to do most of my JunOS study at work if possible
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Decided to dedicate weekends to CCIE study and weekdays to JunOS.

Today will be doing a few hours on OSPF labs.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Working on juniper stuff this week.... Got the first exam JN0-100 scheduled for Cotober 29th. Its a very basic exam from what i have read probably CCNA levelish.

But i still want to make sure i pass first time so i'm spending any free time i have mucking around with junos stuff and reading.

Maybe will do some CCIE related work this weekend
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck with JunOS. What study plans do you have this weekend? More note taking for me.
  • Options
    Passed my first JunOS exam today.... JN0-100. very basic exam... got 99%

My Cisco studies have really slipped, its hard to juggle work, junos and cisco study at the same time. I'm still 100% keen on getting my CCIE but I have to keep my boss happy and do a bunch more Juniper stuff first.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Hey Rakem,

I know the feeling.... I've got my written in December but work needs me to get a few more JUNOS certs....

Juggling work,two sets of study material and gym\social life.... is incredibly tough!

Good Luck!!!

JCNIS-SEC and CCIE-R&S-Written is my goals before the end of the year.....

A

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Got JNCIS-SEC (JN0-331) on 26th November...
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    APA wrote: »
    Hey Rakem,

I know the feeling.... I've got my written in December but work needs me to get a few more JUNOS certs....

Juggling work,two sets of study material and gym\social life.... is incredibly tough!

Good Luck!!!

JCNIS-SEC and CCIE-R&S-Written is my goals before the end of the year.....

A

When do you plan on taking the written?
  • Options
    Got JNCIS-SEC (JN0-331) on 26th November...

Well done. JunOS has kept you tied up for a short while, when will you be returning to CCIE studies?
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Well done. JunOS has kept you tied up for a short while, when will you be returning to CCIE studies?

Passed the JunOS security exam last Friday.

Next up is the JN0-343 which is the switching and routing exam. This should tie in nicely with the CCIE study i have been doing, and I’m looking forward to getting a different vendors perspective on things.

As for CCIE..... Hopefully I will be able to dedicate 100% of my study time to it around Feb or march next year.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Last JunOS exam scheduled for Monday 24th Jan.

Might have to sit and F5 exam after that as well, but i'm getting closer to getting back to the CCIE sstudy.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Passed the last of my juniper exams on Monday. This was the enterprise switching and routing exame JNCIS-ENT (JN0-343). Passed witih 97%

So, might take a week or so off the study, refocus, then pick up the CCIE stuff again.
    icon_smile.gif
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Well done with your Juniper certs! Looking forward to getting you back on the team of CCIE candidates :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    pomispomis Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your Juniper exams. I would like to take that path as well. As per your previous posts, looks like you have been able to pass each exams just studying for a month or less, is the course material enough to pass? How "tricky " are the questions ?
    Thanks and wish you the best on your CCIE studies.
  • Options
    pomis wrote: »
    Congratulations on your Juniper exams. I would like to take that path as well. As per your previous posts, looks like you have been able to pass each exams just studying for a month or less, is the course material enough to pass? How "tricky " are the questions ?

If you have experience in networking then you won't find the questions to difficult at all. My work sent me on a bunch of courses which helped, however there was nothing that was super hard to understand.

A lot of the questions were straight out of the text books you get on the courses.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Getting married tomorrow..... study is the least of my concerns for the next few weeks!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Getting married tomorrow..... study is the least of my concerns for the next few weeks!

heheheh..and for the rest of your life! Congratulations and enjoy the big day. Remember, like your job, love your wife!
  • Options
    Work is pushing for F5 certs now... Sitting LTM exam this friday and GTM exam next friday.

Going on Honeymoon on May 16th for 4 weeks... once back from that will get back into CCIE
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    4 weeks? Nice! Congrats.
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    4 weeks? Nice! Congrats.

Yep 4 weeks.... Alaska, then Hawaii
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's quite a contrasting set of vacation destinations.

I'm going on honeymoon with my wife in May - cannot wait.

Good luck with the CCIE studies, I have decided to start looking at my CCIE again after a short hiatus.

I haven't got any real targets in mind yet, (i.e. when I want to complete it by) but I'm going to make a start and see where we go.