Options

It begins.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rakem wrote: »
    Started my new job today. No study.

Good luck. Expect your studies to take a hit the rest of this year while you focus on the new job.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Started my new job today. No study.

Good luck man. I start mine next Monday. Are you nervous?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Good luck man. I start mine next Monday. Are you nervous?

I was a little bit... seccond day down now and its looking OK so far.
    As i have mentioned before the new role is totally Juniper devices, so its a bit of a change.
    Got CCIE written booked for next weekend.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    some practise questions tonight..... very tired.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options

You will be tired in a new job. Be sure to keep your exam plans dark at work and dont spend time studying on workstime. People will admire your ambitions, it got you hired, but now you are there you are new and vulnerable. The company wants your focus 100%. Throw everything you have at getting settled into the new job by Christmas. Do your best with the written exam then concentrate on work until the new year. If you tank the written, forget about studying for it until January.
  • Options
    I was a little bit... seccond day down now and its looking OK so far.
    As i have mentioned before the new role is totally Juniper devices, so its a bit of a change.
    Got CCIE written booked for next weekend.

Oh, wow. Glad to hear you're settling in. Good luck man! I'm looking at around 11/19 for my written.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options

How are things going?
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    How are things going?

Things are OK. Been hitting practise tests this weekend and reviewing some of my weaker topics.
    New job is challenging me which is good but means less time to study.

Still planning on taking the written exam on the 5th (next weekend) and I feel pretty confident.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    A new job always takes your focus and energy. Be sure to concentrate on your job on works time. Good luck in the written test!
  • Options
    SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    I can understand it, same for me new position and three new software packages to learn and support.
  • Options
    Written test 10am tomorrow!
    Some light reviewing tonight ad early to bed.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Passed today with a score of 947/1000

Overall i thought the test was pretty easy. I was expecting some much more difficult questions. I found the questions from the Boson CD and Cisco book to be more difficult.

So now i need to decide if i actually want to attempt the lab in the next 18 months. I will take the rest of the year off study either way so i can concentrate on my new job.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options

Overall i thought the test was pretty easy. I was expecting some much more difficult questions. I found the questions from the Boson CD and Cisco book to be more difficult.

So now i need to decide if i actually want to attempt the lab in the next 18 months. I will take the rest of the year off study either way so i can concentrate on my new job.

Congrats man! Great score!! I'm nervous for mine.
  • Options

Result! 100 study hours to crack the written over about 3 months of regular studying. Well done. You have a good plan going forwards. Use the rest of this year now to bed into the new job. Come into 2012 ready to start amassing 1000 lab hours for your CCIE lab attempt.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Nicely done! Now you have the ticket and now the real fun begins :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    Won't be around here for a while so good luck to everyone else!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Happy New Year Rackm. How are your studies going?
  • Options
    You to Turgon,

Planning on kicking off my lab studies in next month. Going to buy all the INE workbooks in February.

Been focusing on my new job since I passed the written in November so I haven't done any study since then. I aim to sit the lab in December of this year.

Hope your studies are going well also.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    You to Turgon,

Planning on kicking off my lab studies in next month. Going to buy all the INE workbooks in February.

Been focusing on my new job since I passed the written in November so I haven't done any study since then. I aim to sit the lab in December of this year.

Hope your studies are going well also.

How are your studies going? I imagine you are up and running in that new job now.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    How are your studies going? I imagine you are up and running in that new job now.

Finding it hard to get motivated. I think once i get my INE books i'll ramp up. I need some fresh material.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Keep it going. you got this!
  • Options
    Bit the bullet and purchased INE workbooks (hard copy) volume 1 and 2 tonight.
    Also picked up Internet Routing Architectures (Cisco Press)
    Once they arrive i will get back into this. Still hope to have first lab attempt in December this year
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Using my morning train rides to get some reading done, it's about and hour into work on the train so it's a good chunk of time.

Waiting for INE lab books to arrive, hopefully next week. I'll be buying rack time from INE as well as using my own stuff.

I'm motivated and ready to tackle this. Just hoping work commitments dont get in the way.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    I found in the past that reading a workbook lab was a good use of commute time. Print a single Vol II lab off and its solution and study that over a few days on the train. Its not the same as hands on config, but you are still learning how to understand requirements and put configurations together. Makes the labbing easier too.
  • Options
    All INE workbooks have arrived!
    Very excited, so much new material!
    Let the labing begin
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    All INE workbooks have arrived!
    Very excited, so much new material!
    Let the labing begin

Good luck!
  • Options
    Just been reading on the train this week
    Hopefully will schedule my first INE lab on Sunday

Tried to get all my home gear working in the INE lab topology but I don't have the correct amout of cabling required. Thinking its going to be easier to just rent rack time and use my home gear for quick labs and trying out funky stuff.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Just been reading on the train this week
    Hopefully will schedule my first INE lab on Sunday

Tried to get all my home gear working in the INE lab topology but I don't have the correct amout of cabling required. Thinking its going to be easier to just rent rack time and use my home gear for quick labs and trying out funky stuff.

Power consumption will be a lot less with rentals.
  • Options
    Yep.
    First INE lab scheduled tonight. Starting with page 1, INE Lab workbook volume 1. Should be pretty basic but i'm just going to start from the first book and work through
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Yep.
    First INE lab scheduled tonight. Starting with page 1, INE Lab workbook volume 1. Should be pretty basic but i'm just going to start from the first book and work through

I'm doing the same thing. Have you checked out:

Getting the most out of CCIE R&S Workbooks VOL1 and VOL2
    How to pass the CCIE R&S with INE's 4.0 Training Program