CBT Nuggets or Train Signal

staggerleestaggerlee Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Normal question to come up really. Ive seen it a few times in the normal mcse/mcipt route. But im hoping to start my SQL path soon and since it will be a different trainer doing the vids. Which do you guys prefer for your video learning CBT Nuggets or Train Signal?

Also for someone pretty new to the SQL Server field. Which route do you suggest taking?

Thanks for any input

S

Comments

• staggerleestaggerlee Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another Cert question thought i would add it here instead of adding another thread..

on the MS training catalog it says there is an exam: 98-364

I cant find any books on Amazon for it and the link is not working on the site. Does this exam exist? or is it an old exam that came to be?

Im guessing it would be a good starting point?

Any advice would much appreciated.

Thanks

S
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have not seen the train signal videos. But the CBT Nuggets are lacking. They are nice for a review or intro but nothing more.

I'm not familiar with the exam you mentioned.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    FYI, there is another thread on this. Maybe it will help your decision making. I think I will probably be going with TrainSignal.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/52061-better-mcitp-ea-cbt-nuggets-trainsignal.html
  • staggerleestaggerlee Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi all thats for the replies..

as i said i know there is a post regarding the SA/EA but as is pointed out in the post, that different instructors are better worse than others. I was looking for a DB review as im sure 1 person from each camp will do there full set of dvds for SQL. I guess i should have posted there though your right sry icon_sad.gif.
    Sad to hear CBT arent much good though. As i could get my hands on them form work.

As for exams which do you suggest starting with? DBA or Dev? then pro for ts?

Thanks for the replies

S