Options

{Question}Any quick way to verify the IGP reachiability

high1432007high1432007 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear Folk, anyway have any good method, for cisco, I normally use TCL script.... not sure what you normally do during the lab.

Comments

• Options
    why no one reply~~~~~
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Show route works for me.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Traceroute from loopback to loopback works well for me. If you really wanted to get crazy you could setup a protocol between two remote points, like BGP. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dear Folk, anyway have any good method, for cisco, I normally use TCL script.... not sure what you normally do during the lab.

if you're looking to make ping scripts, keep in mind that you are sitting on top of a freebsd operating system. you can drop into the shell and create a shell script.

you could also use event and op scripts in the junos cli. op script might be pretty handy actually. may be a little more complex than the tcl script, but it shouldn't be too bad.
  • Options
    Tks Gurus, zoidberg, what did you do normally?
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tks Gurus, zoidberg, what did you do normally?

In the lab? I just did good ole ping, and sh route and sh bgp neighbors. I think, the loopback IPs were nicely sequential and easy to remember so that it was pretty easy to bang out a couple quick pings. Plus, if my BGP is up, then I know I have 2-way reachability between router A and router Z.