Options

Checkpoint Safe@Office 400w, 100 and 200 Series

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/safe@office/index.html

Is this a good HomeOffice Firewall to have? I'm thinking of getting one for my home network to protect me against hackers... My Norton Firewall slows my PC down and not sure if I am protected enough. I am also planning on installing these if they are good for future Home clients I might have. Offer it as a secure home network solution...

Also is this firewall enough for a lab to practice and pass the CheckPoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) exam? icon_wink.gif

D-boy

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Well, it's Checkpoint so it should be a decent product. It looks good to me, but you might want to search for product reviews and perhaps compare it with others.

No, this won't help an awful lot for the CCSA exam, which mainly about Firewall-1 (which is software). There's a evalution version available for download.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Thanks Webmaster!

What other Home Office Firewalls are out there? icon_eek.gif looking for something within the $100-300 range. I already have a Norton software firewall which is ok.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok cool, I don't think i will be taking the exam anytime soon... I have a long way to go.... icon_cry.gif So many things I wanna get into, just finding the money & time to do it...

D-boy