Options

SSCP completed

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
I received word from ISC2 this morning that I am now officially a SSCP.
Tested April 17 2010
Passed May 5 2010
Submitted Endorsement May 20 2010
Officially certified June 28 2010
Estimated wait time for the certificate 4-6 weeks.

Just in time for me to start my Masters program July 1st. Now off to focus on a datacenter move.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    Tested April 17 2010
    Passed May 5 2010

Just in time for me to start my Masters program July 1st. Now off to focus on a datacenter move.

Congrats! It's a proud accomplishment.

Did you also get an email from Marc about being an exam writer in August?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, we took the exam on the same day and received notification of passing on the same day. You have completed the process, and I haven't even put a resume together yet icon_redface.gif

Regardless, congratulations becoming a "real" SSCP! :D
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Tested April 17 2010
    Passed May 5 2010

Thats awesome congrats on the pass. I hope to do this test by the end of this year maybe beginning of next. Whats up next for you?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! I'm thinking about pursuing the SSCP after I finish my Bachelor degree.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Tested April 17 2010
    Passed May 5 2010

Great job! How do you think it compared to the S+? I am sitting the S+ in a few weeks and already (maybe prematurely) starting thinking about the SSCP. It looks like a much more inclusive test. What did you use to prepare and if you don't mind could you tell me a little about your background.
  • Options
    Thats awesome congrats on the pass. I hope to do this test by the end of this year maybe beginning of next. Whats up next for you?

I'm starting my masters July 1st. According to my schedule it looks like Network+, unless they accept the one I took 7 years ago. If they do then I'm hoping to take the CWNA and CWSP next.

knwminus wrote:
    Great job! How do you think it compared to the S+? I am sitting the S+ in a few weeks and already (maybe prematurely) starting thinking about the SSCP. It looks like a much more inclusive test. What did you use to prepare and if you don't mind could you tell me a little about your background.

I think it was a little harder than the S+. I also passed the S+ at the very end of December so a lot of the topics were still fresh in my head. I used the official CBK from ISC2. Very boring but everything is in there. I have a picture somewhere of my cat sleeping on the book. Don't know if it is that powerful or if it is just the cat.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • Options
    I think it was a little harder than the S+. I also passed the S+ at the very end of December so a lot of the topics were still fresh in my head. I used the official CBK from ISC2. Very boring but everything is in there. I have a picture somewhere of my cat sleeping on the book. Don't know if it is that powerful or if it is just the cat.

Just a little harder, hmm...

Thanks for the info and good luck with CWNA and CWSP. I honestly want to take the CWSP as well at come point.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!

(No hijacking intended)

KW, how was your CNSS cert awarded?
  • Options
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Congrats!

(No hijacking intended)

KW, how was your CNSS cert awarded?

CCNA:Security
    CCNA Security - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

Actually it looks like it got updated. The paper they sent me says CNSS 4011 but I guess it has CNSS 4013 status now. That use to be only on the CCSP.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Tested April 17 2010
    Passed May 5 2010

Well I received a cardboard envelope in the mail yesterday. Almost tore it in half and threw it away thinking it was junk mail. None the less I left it on my kitchen counter to come back and sort through later. Hadn't checked mail in a week or so. Upon closer inspection I found that it was from ISC2 and contained a nice envelope (resume paper or light card stock grade). In that envelope, with the ISC2 imprint on it, was my SSCP certificate, wallet card and an offer for a free lapel pin. I still think it is one of the better looking certificates out there. Now it's off to the store to buy a frame and mount it next to my Bachelors degree. Only took 2 1/2 weeks to get here.

Since I find I am studying a lot of the same material for the CISSP certification in my masters program I have decided to take the CISSP exam in December. Now back to the books.
    Currently Studying:
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I have decided to take the CISSP exam in December. Now back to the books.
    Have you signed up to take the CISSP exam?
  • Options
    Yes I have. I signed up back in August for the Dec 11 test in Phx.
    Currently Studying:
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Good luck! Please post a review of your thoughts about the whole experience.