Operation "Butter-Up"

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I just heard an amazing story. There was a girl that worked with a group of web developers. She was completely obnoxious and seemed to be quite the b!tch. So for retribution, these guys started Operation Butter-Up. The goal was to make her put on as many pounds as possible. They just started bringing in donuts, sweets, etc. They played no small part in getting her to put on 30+ pounds over the course of the year. I was blown away by the dedication, actual results, and the absolute cold-heartedness of affecting someone's life so thoroughly.

Comments

  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,212 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I was blown away by the dedication, actual results, and the absolute cold-heartedness of affecting someone's life so thoroughly.

    While it may seem mean, they didn't make her eat them. She lacked the self control to say no. I'm assuming that the guys that brought them in displayed this self control, wouldn't make much of a story if they also put on 30 pounds a piece.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Now thats dedication.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • blargoeblargoe Self-Described Huguenot NC, USAMember Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's f**ked up. I like it.
    IT guy since 12/00

    Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Really mean but I like it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    I wouldnt even say its mean. that is hilarious.

    its her own fault for being a weak minded fool! lol. icon_cheers.gif
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Alligator wrestler Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    I just heard an amazing story. There was a girl that worked with a group of web developers. She was completely obnoxious and seemed to be quite the b!tch. So for retribution, these guys started Operation Butter-Up. The goal was to make her put on as many pounds as possible. They just started bringing in donuts, sweets, etc. They played no small part in getting her to put on 30+ pounds over the course of the year. I was blown away by the dedication, actual results, and the absolute cold-heartedness of affecting someone's life so thoroughly.

    I heard that one...I think that's more of a "Kentucky" Fried Mouse story. I don't think it is real. It is mean if it is true and there are probably 10 lawyers standing by to jump on a case like that if it exists (which I doubt).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

    ***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

    'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm inspired. It shows what can be achieved if we remain focused, patient and pull together as a team.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875
    My wife just went into the bathroom and purged just in case.

    MS
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    I heard that one...I think that's more of a "Kentucky" Fried Mouse story. I don't think it is real. It is mean if it is true and there are probably 10 lawyers standing by to jump on a case like that if it exists (which I doubt).

    I know the people involved. She actually just found out about it today (years later) and confronted her attackers. That's why it came up today icon_lol.gif
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I know the people involved. She actually just found out about it today (years later) and confronted her attackers. That's why it came up today icon_lol.gif

    Hmm and after I googled for it. Only to find out I won't find the hole story.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    My wife just went into the bathroom and purged just in case.

    MS

    No no uh wait... Your avatar... do you really plan that far ahead or did you forget to change the text. :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hilarious!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

    Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher A cornfield in OhioMember Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wastedtime wrote: »
    Hmm and after I googled for it. Only to find out I won't find the hole story.

    Do not tempt dynamik with your spelling errors... The terms "hole" and "story" together could get him banned and probably get his mom in trouble as well.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They clearly thought this through. Fit/attractive people can get away with being witchy, fat people can not.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875
    TheShadow wrote: »
    No no uh wait... Your avatar... do you really plan that far ahead or did you forget to change the text. :)

    He who plans wins.

    MS
Sign In or Register to comment.