2»

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz bro nice going!
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Congrats mate.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Just make sure you lock everything down. That kid will tear down your network in seconds.
    Wow -- I just realized that "baby proofing" the home network is good practice for "user proofing" real networks icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Wow -- I just realized that "baby proofing" the home network is good practice for "user proofing" real networks icon_lol.gif

I wish you could have explained that to the higher-ups at the community college I worked for. One day a whole section of the college all of sudden couldn't hit any servers or the gateway to the Internet. Turned out I had bumped a fiber connection between the local and core switch. The network was horribly marked and I wasn't the first person to have this happen to them. Any time a new patch cable was added there was a good chance we would get a phone call about someone losing their connection to the network. The closet looked a lot like this:

NetworkMess.jpg

Only it twice as bad! icon_lol.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats veritas!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!

My little one turns 6 months tomorrow icon_cheers.gif
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    congrats man!

I love kids, i just dont have any of my own.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    congrats man!

I love kids, i just dont have any of my own.

just wait till you can't give them back!! take on a whole new meaning of licking kids :) (i'm saying that while shes waking up behind me for a feed. its only 1:30am... then a few more hours keep untill the next feed about 5!!!

people say 70% of kids sleep through the night by 3 months!! lets hope she's one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please please please please I want sleep!!!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you have a clean slate in February as far as cert studying goes, don't expect to have a lot of time to study when you're at home... Likewise don't expect to sleep at all as well.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I got a 9 month old now and he's my big motivator to keep moving forward and upward.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your baby bombshell!!! Better get those studies in now because they will soon be sucking the hine-teet!

Not to mention you'll be tending to the Mrs's for the next nine months leading up to your Baby+
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    All I can really say is, wow! Life can change in heartbeat at times. I just found out yesterday that my wife and I are now parents :D:D:D. Triple stupid grin ;) Due date is February.

Now I am very determined to get this bachelor degree over with as soon as I can! icon_cheers.gif

That's great news... now you have proof you've not been firing blanks :)

As a father of three, I will give you three bits of advice.
    1) Get as much sleep as you can now because you will be getting bugger all sleep afterward.
    2) When it comes to the labour room, remember don't say a bloody word. There is nothing you can say that will help so just stand there looking stupid and hold her hand.
    3) Don't expect to have nookie ever again! They know the consequences ...

Grats mate :)
    Kam.
    Make sure you have a clean slate in February as far as cert studying goes, don't expect to have a lot of time to study when you're at home... Likewise don't expect to sleep at all as well.

Well Don't be planning on taking any exams for a while after.. But I would say do keep some study material to hand. After 3 days holding a screaming baby, when you get 30min to your self while they sleep you may be glad of the destraction of study.

I get in about 1 or so hours a day now and shes only 6 weeks. Usualy after wifes in bed and baby is sleeping on the couch next to me (she don't like cot)

Jsut don't plan on sticking to any time table, babies don't do them :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    That's great news... now you have proof you've not been firing blanks :)

As a father of three, I will give you three bits of advice.
    1) Get as much sleep as you can now because you will be getting bugger all sleep afterward.
    2) When it comes to the labour room, remember don't say a bloody word. There is nothing you can say that will help so just stand there looking stupid and hold her hand.
    3) Don't expect to have nookie ever again! They know the consequences ...

Grats mate :)

as far as number 1 goes it dont help ;) by the time labours over with and the exctiment of the following 24 hours all your stored sleep is used up....

as for number 2, very good advice, don't offer help, don't (really don't!!!) try to offer advice. Just do as your told and keep calm.

3.... still waiting on that one, Oh your get to see her **** all the time, just not allowed near them!
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congrats man!! Becoming a father is a life changing event. You'll learn more about yourself in 6 short months than you could imagine!! Good luck!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus