After the 3rd attempt, the beast is dead

thatguy85thatguy85 Posts: 41Member ■■□□□□□□□□
...barely.

lol, I scored a 700. Wow. The past 2 tests I have failed by one question, this one I pass it by one.

I'm not too upset. A pass is a pass, and I was sick and tired of re-studying things I had already read before, but apparently didn't stick well enough.

A word of warning to all who are taking the test soon... Read up on cmd line utilities, their switches, what they do, etc etc. Know them well.

Another good thing to master that I didn't quite have under my belt were event logs, and which ones show what specific events.

Also, something I didn't expect to see on this test, read up on the built-in local groups, and ensure you know what permissions are granted by becoming a member of any one of them.

Comments

  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Posts: 542Member
    Congrats. And yes, a pass is a pass. Great job hanging in there too.
    What's next, 293?
  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and welcome to the 700 club!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. As for your tip, I was already expecting them, but not looking forward to...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • thatguy85thatguy85 Posts: 41Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually I was thinking of 70-648/70-646 so I can upgrade to MCITP
  • mattmrob99mattmrob99 Posts: 8Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good for you! Don't worry about the score. You studied the exact right amount. I always say if you got a 701 or higher you studied too hard.
  • ResevenReseven Posts: 237Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz and welcome to our club! :)

    Thanks for the tips. How many sims did they hit you with?
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • thatguy85thatguy85 Posts: 41Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    There were 40 questions, 9 sims.

    This time around, I felt the sims were a joke. (except for one, which I remembered from a previous failed exam. And still don't know the answer! *angry face*)
  • vijaycujovijaycujo Posts: 40Banned ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!! i hope to slay the beast in a couple of days!!!
    A+, N+, 70-270, 70-290 (MCP)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    mattmrob99 wrote: »
    Good for you! Don't worry about the score. You studied the exact right amount. I always say if you got a 701 or higher you studied too hard.

    Thats actually a bunch of crap. The goal isn't to pass a test. The goal should be to learn the material so that it pays off for you in the future when you are actually working with this stuff. If all you want is the stupid piece of paper then you should go check out some **** sites.

    I know people who will continue to review material after passing a test, just because they feel that they don't know it well enough yet.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • vijaycujovijaycujo Posts: 40Banned ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Thats actually a bunch of crap. The goal isn't to pass a test. The goal should be to learn the material so that it pays off for you in the future when you are actually working with this stuff. If all you want is the stupid piece of paper then you should go check out some **** sites.

    I know people who will continue to review material after passing a test, just because they feel that they don't know it well enough yet.

    I think he was making a joke. Atleast thats what i thought
    A+, N+, 70-270, 70-290 (MCP)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    vijaycujo wrote: »
    I think he was making a joke. Atleast thats what i thought

    maybe, I could see it go either way I guess.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • kenny831kenny831 Posts: 266Member
    Congrats!
Sign In or Register to comment.