Options

Passed TSHOOT!

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
Which completes the CCNP journey for me. I have been working on it for about 3 years off and on so it is a great feeling to finally put it behind me. It was certainly the easiest of the NP level exams I think because I studied and labbed so much during the BCMSN and BSCI preparation.

As far as exam advice, others will tell you to pay attention to small details, and let me just reiterate that fact. There were several questions that really were pretty easy if you are paying attention.

Other than what you used to prep for BSCI/Route and BCMSN/Switch the only thing I would recommend is reviewing the material in the TSHOOT exam certification guide not covered in the other exams curriculums.

Well, now I have to make that difficult decision of learning a new track (probably voice or security), or going for the CCIE...:D

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Which completes the CCNP journey for me. I have been working on it for about 3 years off and on so it is a great feeling to finally put it behind me. It was certainly the easiest of the NP level exams I think because I studied and labbed so much during the BCMSN and BSCI preparation.

As far as exam advice, others will tell you to pay attention to small details, and let me just reiterate that fact. There were several questions that really were pretty easy if you are paying attention.

Other than what you used to prep for BSCI/Route and BCMSN/Switch the only thing I would recommend is reviewing the material in the TSHOOT exam certification guide not covered in the other exams curriculums.

Well, now I have to make that difficult decision of learning a new track (probably voice or security), or going for the CCIE...:D

Congrats icon_thumright.gif Do not forget to celebrate a long journey that is finally over!!!!

CCIE!! CCIE!! CCIE!!! CCIE!!! icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    You know you want to start the long road of the CCIE path ;)
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats man!!! I am sure it feels amazing :)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Great job. Time to use this weekend for mandatory celebrations.
  • Options
    *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats, it is a journey indeed.

I look at the CCNA as opening doors.

The CCNP as a journey with CCIE as the destination.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    ryan82,

Just curious, what did you use for study material for the TSHOOT exam? Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your passing score and how much time did you have left on the clock? :P
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I passed with an 835. Really I didn't study too much for this one. I took the beta on a whim and missed it by 28 points so I knew I didn't have far to go.

I basically just reviewed the material that I used to study for the BSCI and BCMSN and added the TSHOOT exam certification guide. Also be sure to go through the demo posted on cisco's website as well as download the exam topology posted there. If you can configure the complete routing topology in GNS3 and review the switching material then you should sittin pretty.

Oh and I finished it at the last second. Whats nice about this exam is that you can move around tickets, so any ticket I couldn't finish in 5 minutes or so I would move on and come back to. Well, I had one ticket that for the life of me I couldn't figure out and I kept trying to figure out that ticket until time ran out. I still think there was a mistake on the exam but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Whats nice about this exam is that you can move around tickets, so any ticket I couldn't finish in 5 minutes or so I would move on and come back to.

This is the best advice. I finished all but 3 tickets with like an hour remaining. Then I went back and hit those ones. I finally did answer them all but if I had just sat there on the ones that were giving me problems I might not of finished the exam.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the TSHOOT Pass and the CCNP!!!! icon_cheers.gif

It's Celebration Time drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The CCNP as a journey with CCIE as the destination.

That's a good way to look at it...

CONGRATS!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

So what is next for you? (Everyone wants you to do the CCIE next including me but your call)

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...