Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    jlhankejlhanke Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could use a referral, please! Is anyone available to do that? Thank you!

PS-I have tried looking to see how to pm someone, and I am not seeing how to do it. So if you could babysit me thru that too, it would be great!
  • Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    jlhanke wrote: »
    I could use a referral, please! Is anyone available to do that? Thank you!

PS-I have tried looking to see how to pm someone, and I am not seeing how to do it. So if you could babysit me thru that too, it would be great!
    Emailed you.
  • Options
    MeChuMeChu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello may I please have a WGU Referral,

Thanks

MeChe
  • Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MeChu wrote: »
    Hello may I please have a WGU Referral,

Thanks

MeChe

Just send me your name and email address, I'm happy to fill out a referral for you.

jch
  • Options
    dugtriodugtrio Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since I just signed up, I don't think I can email or PM, but I enabled email in my profile and would appreciate a referral from someone. Thanks
  • Options
    dugtrio wrote: »
    Since I just signed up, I don't think I can email or PM, but I enabled email in my profile and would appreciate a referral from someone. Thanks
    Emailed you.
  • Options
    slicerbigmanslicerbigman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Emailed you.
  • Options
    MJackmanMJackman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ... I've been going back and forth about enrolling in the WGU IT-Security program, but this website has really been helpful in getting my motivation up and clearing up questions that I had via the various discussions happening on this board related to the programs they offer. I haven't yet spoken to anyone at the school, but I would seriously appreciate it if I could get a referral from someone.

I've got a AAS in Network Administration, and love the idea of gaining certs through the programs that they offer as I acquire my BS.
  • Options
    MJackman wrote: »
    Hi ... I've been going back and forth about enrolling in the WGU IT-Security program, but this website has really been helpful in getting my motivation up and clearing up questions that I had via the various discussions happening on this board related to the programs they offer. I haven't yet spoken to anyone at the school, but I would seriously appreciate it if I could get a referral from someone.

I've got a AAS in Network Administration, and love the idea of gaining certs through the programs that they offer as I acquire my BS.
    You don't have email enabled in your profile. Email or PM me, and I can send you a referral.
  • Options
    MJackmanMJackman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    echo465 wrote: »
    You don't have email enabled in your profile. Email or PM me, and I can send you a referral.

I don't appear to have the privileges to PM you, getting this message when I try to do that: "you do not have permission to access this page." I believe that I've enabled the option to receive emails from members now though ... so give it another go, and thanks a lot!
  • Options
    KuranesKuranes Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone! This forum has been a great source of information on WGU, I would like to apply. I have an Associates in Computer Networking and I am planning on going for a Bachelors in IT with a focus on Network Administration. A referral would be greatly appreciated! I do have PMs turned on in my profile. Thank you for your time!
  • Options
    kerxkerx Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in signing up to WGU. Could someone please PM me if you are interested in being in the referral program together? Also, I'd like to ask you some questions about the university, etc. Thanks!
    :D
  • Options
    Kuranes wrote: »
    Hello everyone! This forum has been a great source of information on WGU, I would like to apply. I have an Associates in Computer Networking and I am planning on going for a Bachelors in IT with a focus on Network Administration. A referral would be greatly appreciated! I do have PMs turned on in my profile. Thank you for your time!
    kerx wrote:
    I'm interested in signing up to WGU. Could someone please PM me if you are interested in being in the referral program together? Also, I'd like to ask you some questions about the university, etc. Thanks!

PM'd you both. Questions about the university should go to the Q&A thread -- http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/51715-western-governors-university-questions-answers-threads-related-wgu.html
  • Options
    moquinn2moquinn2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi. I am planning to attend WGU starting in January and I am looking to get a referral. I can receive emails but don't know how to do PMs. [icon_wm.gif: enabled PMs] Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    Hello all, working towards a AS in Comp. Info. Tech, but the pace of the program is killing me. It seems way too dumbed down an not near as much of a challenge as I'd like. I already have my A+ and will have Network+ by the end of this semester. I'd love to get a WGU referral and get started in January. The idea of getting the degree plus certs is very enticing (not to mention I can still get other certs on the side along the way, which I very much plan to do).
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• Options
    TheWahlsTheWahls Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could someone be so kind as to help me? Looking to waive this fee. I have email turned on I believe. [and PMs too]

Thanks.
    Courses Completed at WGU:
    Courses Required To Graduate (IT - Security):
    WFV1, AXV1, CLC1, CPV1, INC1, DFV1, CUV1, BOV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, CTV1, RIT1, BNC1, DJV1, KET1, TPV1, MGC1, CVV1, CJV1, KFT1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1
    Classes Transferred:
    AGC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INT1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1, BBC1
  • Options
    Sent PM to the last 3. No other WGU students need another pen and notepad set? :)
  • Options
    jbrayburnjbrayburn Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could someone send me a referral? PM's are enabled, thank you!
  • Options
    amberceeambercee Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm applying to WGU and would be so grateful for a referral!
    Send me the information from the top half of this form and I will fill it out for you:

WGU Refer-a-friend Program - Acceptance Form
  • Options
    SarahMacSarahMac Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi! I am registering for WGU Texas and need a referral. If anyone can help then please let me know! :D
  • Options
    Sledge.Sledge. Member Posts: 109
    SarahMac wrote: »
    Hi! I am registering for WGU Texas and need a referral. If anyone can help then please let me know! :D
    Email sent.
    WGU Alum - BS:IT Security
    Active Certs: CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
  • Options
    mikemc90mikemc90 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ambercee wrote: »
    I'm applying to WGU and would be so grateful for a referral!

Sent you a PM.
    BS Information Systems Security
    Currently working on MS Information Security and Assurance
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm getting ready to apply for this, I have an appt with a counsler scheduled tomorrow. Can I use someone as a referral? :D
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to apply for this, I have an appt with a counsler scheduled tomorrow. Can I use someone as a referral? :D
    PM'd you.
  • Options
    camfrasertechcamfrasertech Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I wanted to apply to WGU, but I'm in a very difficult financial situation at the moment otherwise I wouldn't be asking. Is there any way I could get a referral code for the application? If so, do I just enter it in when I get to the payment part? Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    Hi, I wanted to apply to WGU, but I'm in a very difficult financial situation at the moment otherwise I wouldn't be asking. Is there any way I could get a referral code for the application? If so, do I just enter it in when I get to the payment part? Thank you for your time.
    PM'd you. Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA so you can qualify for federal student aid. When I fill out the referral form, it sends you an email with a link to use, and you plug in my details and that's all. No Credit Card Required!

I wish I'd known about it when I signed up -- I actually paid the $65!
  • Options
    camfrasertechcamfrasertech Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I tried to reply, but it isn't showing up in my sent messages. Let me know if you got it. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi, I tried to reply, but it isn't showing up in my sent messages. Let me know if you got it. Thanks!
    Got it. Good luck!
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    echo465 wrote: »
    PM'd you.

Pm'd you, thanks!