Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    awilco6 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have decided to make the leap from my traditional college classes to WGU, and was wondering if someone would help me out with a referral? And would that be under the affiliate code if I did get one? Thanks!

Happy to get you a referal... sent you a PM.

John
  • Options
    Hiya awilco6,

Turn on your account PM so you can get my message...

John
  • Options
    Crush6587Crush6587 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all. Looking for a referral as I plan on starting the process today.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Crush6587 wrote: »
    Hello all. Looking for a referral as I plan on starting the process today.

Sure. You can send me a PM.
  • Options
    Crush6587Crush6587 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wont give me the option, don't think the site will let me

gotta post 10 times or send an email to be able to send pm so i sent the email now just have to wait.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Crush6587 wrote: »
    gotta post 10 times or send an email to be able to send pm so i sent the email now just have to wait.
    Done, you should be able to PM now.
  • Options
    NmantoothNmantooth Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone help me please? I can't PM. I need a referral code to WGU. Please Help!!!!

I'm a little blonde, maybe I'm missing something!
  • Options
    Sledge.Sledge. Member Posts: 109
    PM sent your way!
    Nmantooth wrote: »
    Can someone help me please? I can't PM. I need a referral code to WGU. Please Help!!!!

I'm a little blonde, maybe I'm missing something!
    WGU Alum - BS:IT Security
    Active Certs: CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
  • Options
    avernixavernix Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone, please PM me a referral. Thank you!
  • Options
    Rajuy_ElbeyRajuy_Elbey Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    avernix wrote: »
    Someone, please PM me a referral. Thank you!

Pm sent.
  • Options
    awilco6awilco6 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey jch0411, I think my pm is set up now, if not shoot me an email. Thanks again.
  • Options
    awilco6 wrote: »
    Hey jch0411, I think my pm is set up now, if not shoot me an email. Thanks again.

PM and email sent... happy to get you a referral.

john
  • Options
    ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can I have a referral too, please?
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    ohmygosh wrote: »
    Can I have a referral too, please?

Sure, I'll send you one. Please enable private messaging in your profile settings and/or email.
  • Options
    ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NTinsideNTinside Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking into enrolling with WGU as well and it would be great if someone could refer me. I have my Associates in I.S. and Networking but it's not really helping me in the career world so I need to complete my bachelors. Any help would be very appreciated :D
  • Options
    NTinside wrote: »
    I'm looking into enrolling with WGU as well and it would be great if someone could refer me. I have my Associates in I.S. and Networking but it's not really helping me in the career world so I need to complete my bachelors. Any help would be very appreciated :D

Sure, I'll send you a referral. Please enable private messaging in your profile settings.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Please enable private messaging in your profile settings.
    Done, user is pm-able.
  • Options
    korbaskorbas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am applying to WGU right now...looking to see who would be able to refer me. I cannot PM anyone, maybe because I am new here?
  • Options
    korbas wrote: »
    I am applying to WGU right now...looking to see who would be able to refer me. I cannot PM anyone, maybe because I am new here?
    Korbas: One of the mods will have to enable PMs for you. In the meantime, you can email me through my user profile, and we can get the ball rolling for you. Just email your first and last name, and whatever email address you want WGU to use, and we'll get ya hooked up.

Regards,

Sledge
    Active Certs: CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
  • Options
    korbaskorbas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sledge. wrote: »
    Korbas: One of the mods will have to enable PMs for you. In the meantime, you can email me through my user profile, and we can get the ball rolling for you. Just email your first and last name, and whatever email address you want WGU to use, and we'll get ya hooked up. Regards, Sledge
    Ok, thanks...I still don't seem to be able to PM or email anyone though. I talked to an EC yesterday and she sent me several emails with instructions. This sounds like a really good opportunity...so I'm looking forward to getting started ASAP. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    BorderlineCool22BorderlineCool22 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys! I would like a referral if anyone is up for it. I've enabled private messages to be sent to myself, but I don't think I am able to send PMs. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi guys! I would like a referral if anyone is up for it. I've enabled private messages to be sent to myself, but I don't think I am able to send PMs. Thanks!
    Couldn't PM you, but email sent.

Regards,

Sledge
  • Options
    CloudKill9CloudKill9 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there any chance anybody can send me a referral as well?
  • Options
    CloudKill9 wrote: »
    Is there any chance anybody can send me a referral as well?

Sure will. Please enable private messaging in your profile settings and I'll contact you.
  • Options
    CloudKill9CloudKill9 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't seem to figure out how to enable private messages, I'm not seeing it in my General Settings.
  • Options
    CloudKill9 wrote: »
    I can't seem to figure out how to enable private messages, I'm not seeing it in my General Settings.

You click on the little wheel icon at the top right, then on General Settings down on the right. There's a section in there for Private Messaging. You may need to post at least ten times before it's active unless a moderator would be kind enough to enable it for you :)
  • Options
    freenrgy2freenrgy2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all. I was searching about WGU's transferability to a master's program and came upon this site. Lots of great info on WGU here and I'm going to spend the rest of the evening reading it. I've started the application process and have an appointment set up this week to talk with an enrollment counselor a bit more in-depth. In fact, during our initial conversation, they indicated NOT to pay the $65 application fee until we had a more in-depth interview as he indicated WGU is not for everyone.

However, it would be nice to have a referral and not have to pay the application fee anyway. :)

I've replied to the welcome email to have the 10 post limit waived so that someone could PM with referral information. As soon as that is lifted, I'll reply to this thread.

And just to tell you a bit about myself, I am a 44 year old health IT professional and have been in health care for 13 years. I have no college degree, but have accumulated over 100 credit hours from a local accredited community college, with my focus primarily in computer information systems. My goal is to obtain my bachelor's degree for Health Informatics during the next three years. I'm not tremendously cracked up about the clinical side, but want to increase my knowledge of the health care environment and know that this is a must, especially if I would like to advance to any type of manager or director position. I've also taken a good look at the UIC health informatics master's program and, should I complete my bachelor's at WGU, would like to pursue this.

Thank you for the referral thread. This made my day!

My posting limit has been waived, therefore I am requesting a referral to WGU. Thank you!
  • Options
    freenrgy2 wrote: »
    My posting limit has been waived, therefore I am requesting a referral to WGU. Thank you!

You got it. PM inbound!
  • Options
    freenrgy2freenrgy2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sledge. wrote: »
    You got it. PM inbound!

Thanks Sledge, that was rather quick and painless!

Received my code, application submitted, app fee "waived", student ID claimed and I'm ready to take assessment.

:)