Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    kocherkocher Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sent you a PM Mmiller50
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Guys,

I received a referral from one of you and I received the following email:

[FONT=&amp]Dear ******
    Your friend, *****, has referred you to Western Governors University as part of WGU's Refer-A-Friend Program. Your friend made this recommendation to us because you indicated you were interested in continuing your education to finally get that degree you've been thinking about.
    As a result of this referral, you are now eligible for an Application Fee Waiver — a $65 savings. If you're ready to speak to an enrollment counselor, you can go ahead and complete the referral form at www.wgu.edu/friend . Once you complete this form, you will receive an email with a code and instructions on how to waive your application fee. We'll also send the friend who referred you a "Thank-you" gift.
    The application fee waiver is not the only benefit you'll receive. Here's what you can also expect from WGU:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]A high-quality, accredited degree program that's relevant to your career[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]Flexibility that fits your lifestyle[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]A strong, mentor-led support system to help you stay on track[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]In the meantime, I encourage you to visit the WGU website and discover how WGU can help you continue your journey to a college degree.
    We look forward to serving you,

When I fill the form, it asks for personnal information about the person who sent me the referral. Is it normal?

Thanks for your help.
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    SLaidSLaid Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    in need of a referral to wave the $65 fee please. Can someone help me out please?

Thanks!

SLaid
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    SLaid wrote: »
    in need of a referral to wave the $65 fee please. Can someone help me out please?

Thanks!

SLaid

Sure! Sending you a PM
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Grizzy78Grizzy78 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking to get my BS in Information Technology:Network Administration. I would be extremely grateful for a WGU Refer-a-Friend referral. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Grizzy78 wrote: »
    I am looking to get my BS in Information Technology:Network Administration. I would be extremely grateful for a WGU Refer-a-Friend referral. Thank you in advance.

PM sent
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    FYI: I could not repeat your experience. I just tested the form located here: [FONT=&amp]www.wgu.edu/friend . After filling out the form, I got a thank you page[/FONT] - no questions asking for PI on the thank you page.
    Maybe report your experience to WGU?
    John
  • Options
    tdvan0822tdvan0822 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was interested in applying at WGU Texas. Would it be possible for me to get a referral in order to get the application fee waved?
    WGU Texas - B.S. in Information Technology - Starting: May 1st, 2012
    Transferred/Completed: 37 CUs
    AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Still to Complete: 84 CUs
    WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, DFV1, CUV1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, BOV1, BNC1, KET1, CVV1, MGC1, RIT1, CJV1, KFT1, TPV1, SBT1, QZT1

• Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tdvan0822 wrote: »
    I was interested in applying at WGU Texas. Would it be possible for me to get a referral in order to get the application fee waved?

Just sent a response... happy to get you one.

john
  • Options
    doronbcdoronbc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am looking to get my bs in it security at wgu, I would be very grateful if someone could give me a referral so the application fee is waived.
  • Options
    Sledge.Sledge. Member Posts: 109
    doronbc wrote: »
    i am looking to get my bs in it security at wgu, I would be very grateful if someone could give me a referral so the application fee is waived.

doronbc:

Shoot me a quick PM/Email with your first and last name, and whatever email you want WGU to contact you at, and we will get the ball rolling.

Regards,

Sledge
    WGU Alum - BS:IT Security
    Active Certs: CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
  • Options
    nerdygirl514nerdygirl514 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am applying to WGU and hoping to get help with a referral for the application fee. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    I am applying to WGU and hoping to get help with a referral for the application fee. Thanks! :)
    send me an email ill hook ya up
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    dajohnsodajohnso Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to get out of ITT hell and join WGU, could I please get a referral?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dajohnso wrote: »
    I'm looking to get out of ITT hell and join WGU, could I please get a referral?

Just sent you a private message.
  • Options
    dajohnsodajohnso Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Just sent you a private message.

I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it reached you.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dajohnso wrote: »
    I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it reached you.

Just got done referring you.
  • Options
    hmblxguy7hmblxguy7 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Completing my application now and it would be greatly appreciated if someone was will to refer me?

Enabled PM
  • Options
    BrianStokesBrianStokes Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone send me a referral as well?

Enabled PM
  • Options
    usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    hmblxguy7 wrote: »
    Completing my application now and it would be greatly appreciated if someone was will to refer me?

Enabled PM

pm sent
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    Can someone send me a referral as well?

Enabled PM

pm sent
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    flem45flem45 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a code to waive the applicatin fee. thanks
  • Options
    flem45 wrote: »
    Looking for a code to waive the applicatin fee. thanks

PM Sent
  • Options
    macman109macman109 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all, I'm looking for a referral code as well. Anyone up to helping out with one?
  • Options
    kitopagekitopage Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also looking fora referral code as well. Can anyone help me out with one? I would greatly appreciate it icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    macman109 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm looking for a referral code as well. Anyone up to helping out with one?

Macman, your pms are not enabled.

Once enabled you can send me a PM with your first and last name, as well as the email address you would like WGU to contact you at.

I can get you refered right after.
  • Options
    kitopage wrote: »
    I am also looking fora referral code as well. Can anyone help me out with one? I would greatly appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Kitopage, you need to enable pms.

Once enabled you can send me a PM with your first and last name, as well as the email address you would like WGU to contact you at.

I can get you refered right after.
  • Options
    Macman and Kitopage, you also can click on my user name and use the send e-mail feature if you would like.

Darryl
  • Options
    chob11chob11 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    May someone refer me please? I was wanting to enroll in July and you guys convinced me on going here :P
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    PM me your info.. I can refer you.