Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Momoftwo wrote: »
    Hello, I need help with a referral to waive the $65 application fee. I just need a cheaper option to get back to school and WGU seems to be the best option given the prices they offer.

Could anyone help me out?

I don't have enough posts so I can't send or receive a PM yet, however, I do have the option to receive emails from other members.

Thank you so much for your help!

I will send you an email.

Edit, I am afraid I can't send you an email as that's not turned on in your profile. Contact "Webmaster" to turn on PMs or something, and then PM me.

EDIT#2, I guess you turned on your email....I just sent message. :)
  • Options
    shannonqshannonq Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kocher wrote: »
    Hi Shannonq,
    Your pms are currently not enabled. Please click on my user name and use the send email feature. Include your first name, last name, as well as the email address you would like WGU to contact you at and I can get a referral sent.
    Thank you very much! This is a bit embarrassing but I do not seem to be able to find the send email feature.
  • Options
    kocherkocher Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shannonq wrote: »
    Thank you very much! This is a bit embarrassing but I do not seem to be able to find the send email feature.

No worries, I see emailing to you is available now, so sent you one. =)
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Hello!

Would anyone be willing to give me a referral?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Brain-D wrote: »
    Hello!

Would anyone be willing to give me a referral?

Thanks,

PM Sent.
  • Options
    symbasymbasymbasymba Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, if anyone would like to refer me, I would appreciate it? I'm new to the board, and not sure how to proceed with making sure my pm's are enabled.

Thanks, Natalie
  • Options
    symbasymba wrote: »
    Hello, if anyone would like to refer me, I would appreciate it? I'm new to the board, and not sure how to proceed with making sure my pm's are enabled.

Thanks, Natalie

Hi Natalie,

If you click on my user name on the left of this post it should bring up a drop down list. On the drop down list you can click on send email and use that feature to email me. Please email me your first name, last name and the email address you would like WGU to contact you at and I can get you referred.

Darryl
  • Options
    pseniorpsenior Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If someone here would be so kind as to email me a referral so I can waive the $65 application fee, I would certainly appreciate it.
  • Options
    psenior wrote: »
    If someone here would be so kind as to email me a referral so I can waive the $65 application fee, I would certainly appreciate it.

Email sent.
  • Options
    lasindianalasindiana Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone please give me a referral for WGU?

Thank you,

Lori
  • Options
    lasindiana wrote: »
    Can someone please give me a referral for WGU?

Thank you,

Lori

Pm sent.
  • Options
    esmalo79esmalo79 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am applying for the BS in IT management at WGU. Could someone send me an affiliate code to waive the application fee? Also, I have been reading a lot of positive reviews about WGU. Has anyone actually had any bad experiences with this school?
  • Options
    Cisco_R_UsCisco_R_Us Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If someone here would be so kind as to email me a referral to waive the $65 WGU application fee, I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Options
    Cisco_R_Us wrote: »
    If someone here would be so kind as to email me a referral to waive the $65 WGU application fee, I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

Email sent.
  • Options
    esmalo79 wrote: »
    I am applying for the BS in IT management at WGU. Could someone send me an affiliate code to waive the application fee? Also, I have been reading a lot of positive reviews about WGU. Has anyone actually had any bad experiences with this school?

Hi Esmalo,
    You do not have the email or pm feature enabled. Please click on my user name on the left of this message and a drop down box will appear. You can use the send email feature to email me. Please include your first name, last name, and the email address you would like WGU to contact you at and I can get you referred.

WGU is 100% you get out what you put in. Your course mentor and personal mentor are there to help and keep in contact with you. Other than the weekly mentor call, if you don't ask for help with a class, the course mentors wont bother you and you can just do your own thing to prepare for the test/exam or to do the essay or other final. The learning material thus far for IT courses seems good to the point of being overkill. Some of the videos and material can be get a little dated, but they are always working to upgrade them and open to feedback. I've actually talked directly with a learning material provider about issues with the material and the things are are doing/have in the works to fix with it.

I would say the only bad experience I've had with the school was how long it took me to find it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Darryl
  • Options
    esmalo79esmalo79 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kocher,
    Thanks for your response. I know I set my account up to allow emails from everyone (the reason for setting one up in the first place.) I clicked on your name, but emailing you was not one of the options listed. I also went to your profile, but once again, no way to contact you was offered. I checked my settings and re-enabled receiving messages. hopefully it will work this time.

[Edit by Webmaster: Enabled PM as well]
  • Options
    MikeBobMikeBob Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd also really like a referral to waive the application fee if possible. I've been waiting to apply to WGU for some time when my living situation was stable so I could get back into school!

I believe I correctly set the option to receive emails from other users...

Thanks!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    MikeBob wrote: »
    I'd also really like a referral to waive the application fee if possible. I've been waiting to apply to WGU for some time when my living situation was stable so I could get back into school!

I believe I correctly set the option to receive emails from other users...

Thanks!
    No problem. Sending you a PM
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    lostinmolostinmo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I need a referal to get started on my degree program. Please. Anyone?
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    @lostinmo as soon as you have the ability to PM send me a message and I can take care of you.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    lostinmolostinmo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, will do! Thanks!
  • Options
    b321618b321618 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need a referal to get started on my degree program. Could someone help me out? icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    b321618 wrote: »
    I need a referal to get started on my degree program. Could someone help me out? icon_cheers.gif

I would be happy to help. Just enable PMs or email :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
  • Options
    Enabled! icon_surprised.gif
    Sent you a PM
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Oh apparently the PM cant be enable for awhile, could you send an email?
  • Options
    Sean_72Sean_72 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone, I would really appreciate a friend referral to get started on my infosec program! (feeling his years as he has just learned a ton of his certs are too old to be counted...)

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    how did you get your PM enabled so quickly?
  • Options
    Sean_72Sean_72 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how did you get your PM enabled so quickly?
    I contacted the webmaster via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages and nearly instantly received a response.
  • Options
    Thanks Sean_72! Im all set, now I just need a referral too!