WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• SpecialladieSpecialladie Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel woefully inadequate after reading these forums, with just my AAS in Computer Information and failing my first sitting for the SSCP. I have had to go back a totally re-evaluate my road map for where I want to be.

After some heavy reading on this entire site, I decided to send for some information from WGU, like clockwork they gave me a ring not 10 minutes after hitting the "receive information button" so I set up an interview for monday.

I spoke with the nice man telling him I didn't yet have any certs so I may not be a good fit but he advised me that they could work with me. I did 70% of my degree was online so I do have some experience with online pacing and do enjoy working at my own pace. I hope WGU will be a good fit for me and hope to come back to get a referral here when the time comes....
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    citinerd wrote: »
    Just sent you an email with the info needed. Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks for the help.
    Now I know what I will be doing this weekend (signing up and filling out forms).

*Edit*
    That application process was too easy and way slick. Thanks again citinerd!
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • jayfittjayfitt Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wrapping up with Straighterline, now need a referral for WGU.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
  • nbkriplnbkripl Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jayfitt wrote: »
    Wrapping up with Straighterline, now need a referral for WGU.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Sent you a PM with the info you need.
  • BeachBeach Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could use one as well. Talked with an EC a couple of days ago, and think that this might fit well.
    I also spoke with a EC and would like a referral if it is okay?
  • mypcrepairguymypcrepairguy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also spoke with a EC and would like a referral if it is okay?

PM'd ya
    (Start date 1/01/2011) BSIT: Network Design and Management

Units to Complete: (33)
    CLC1, WFV1(LOL), AKV1, TPV1(wip), AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Transfered Units: (34)
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1,

Completed Units by Certification: (30)
    TEV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, TSV1

:study:currently reading: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide (Exam PK0-003) by Kim Heldman and William Heldman
    Beach wrote: »
    I could use one as well. Talked with an EC a couple of days ago, and think that this might fit well.

Sent PM your way!

BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1,

:study:currently reading: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide (Exam PK0-003) by Kim Heldman and William Heldman
    Thank you, thank you. How long will it take for them to get back to me? does anyone know?
    Thank you, thank you. How long will it take for them to get back to me? does anyone know?

Usually within 24 to 48 hrs. Once I filled out my request I got a call back the next day.

Awesome, I am just very impatient and want to get started.
    I still haven't heard anything from them on the refer a friend, should I fill the form out again?
    I would wait until they contact you. I was in a similar position and contacted them after a day went by. I was enrolled and talking to an enrollment rep, however because I contacted them directly I was unable to obtain the application fee waiver. I believe that there is a call center that handles "refer a friend" requests and once they contact you they will set up an appointment with you to talk to an enrollment rep. Thanks! and good luck!

I did talk to an EC already but I don't think I am enrolled. I have been getting more email from a different rep and an admission email saying this other guy is my rep. I don't know what to do I am totally impatient about this.
  • michaelcoxmichaelcox Member Posts: 105
    my refer a friend code went to spam folder (only WGU email to do so). Enrollment counciler told me over the phone the code and emailed it to me also.

Courses Completed at WGU ( 8 ):
    Term 1 (April 2011): EWB2, WSV1, BRV1, BSV1 | Term 2 (October 2011): LET1, ORC1 | Term 3 (April 2012): MGC1, TPV1
    Courses Required Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC ( 8 ):
    BOV1, KET1, WDV1, KFT1, ABV1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Guys,

Whenever I refer people after I get their requisite information, I always make a copy of the "Thank you page" and send it back to the referred.

To the referred...WGU will contact you as soon as possible. Enrollment is up now, so they're probably a bit busier than usual. Just be patient though; you will get contacted. The process is never that quick to begin with...takes a minimum of one month to get everything settled...(intake, entrance exam, transcripts, etc., etc.).

Just some helpful advice.
    Just curious because now I have 2 ECs sending me automated emails and not replying to my questions with an out of reply.

This is the only way I can do this right now or I will have to put this on the back burner and hope something with the state gov't IT department gets back too me.
    Just curious because now I have 2 ECs sending me automated emails and not replying to my questions with an out of reply.

This is the only way I can do this right now or I will have to put this on the back burner and hope something with the state gov't IT department gets back too me.

Do you have all of your transcripts sent to the admissions department?
    If so, did you get something back as to what transferred/what didn't? When do you want to start? Are you a financial aid student? If not, have you paid?

If you are having this much difficulty with 2 ECs, ask to speak to a EC supervisor. Believe me, once it gets to that level, you will see things move along.

If you don't have everything lined up before the 25th of the month, you won't be enrolled until the month after next. Ex. If you wanted to be enrolled by 2/1, but not everything is handed in by 1/25, then the earliest date for you will be 3/1.

They are closed tomorrow for the MLK holiday, so I'd get on the horn with them first thing Tuesday morning.
    Transcript request was done last Monday they should have it on Tuesday. I am strictly financial aide baby here so I can't pay anything right now. The first EC I spoke with on the phone last Monday decided it would be better for me to start in March so I would not be pressed for time. I am a single mother who has been a full time student for the past year to get my degree, 65$ is a lot of cash that I can't afford right now until something opens up in the job market here. So, I am kind of counting on this waiver.
    Transcript request was done last Monday they should have it on Tuesday. I am strictly financial aide baby here so I can't pay anything right now. The first EC I spoke with on the phone last Monday decided it would be better for me to start in March so I would not be pressed for time. I am a single mother who has been a full time student for the past year to get my degree, 65$ is a lot of cash that I can't afford right now until something opens up in the job market here. So, I am kind of counting on this waiver.

No one is saying pay the $65...if mypcrepairguy, or whomever referred you, than you won't be paying the application fee. March sounds like a reasonable time for you to get started. I myself had begun the process in May 2010, and could have started July 2010, but wanted an extra month to deal with personal/work issues at the time.

You got the referral and it will take time for your transcripts to get looked at...it's not going to be done on Tuesday (I don't think). Just wait to be contacted by the EC again. (Believe me, he will call you....)

You still have to go through the other stuff too (Intake, etc), so it sounds like you'll be ready to start in March. Just be patient and have stuff at the ready when it is called for. Also, it's going to take sometime for them to get your Financial Aid at the ready too.

You don't want to rush the process. I understand you're excited and got a lot of stuff going on, but patience really is key here. You're going to need this bundle of energy to focus on whatever your studies end up being.

Just breathe...and relax. icon_cool.gif
    That's exactly what I need to do. I feel like I am slacking when I am sitting here not working or thinking about some aspect for personal development, even on the weekends. I am trying to get out of the 'hood and with Katrina throwing a 5 year wrench in my life, it is passed time I moved up.
  • hotshots13hotshots13 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    I am new to the forum and I am glad I found it. I have been researching WGU and after reading a lot of the posts regarding the school I have decided to apply for the MSISA program.
    I just had my first contact with my enrollment counselor and I am getting things together (transcripts, financial aid, ect).
    I would appreciate it if anybody can help me with a referral.

Thanks
  • nrsnrs Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a referral so I can get the application fee waived - please.

Thank you in advance.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    nrs wrote: »
    Looking for a referral so I can get the application fee waived - please.

Thank you in advance.

Sent you a PM on the other board you'd posted this to.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
    I talked to the EC on Tuesday at our scheduled called and asked him about the refer a friend program and he said hat he would get back to me later that day when he goes and gets it all straight.... That was Tuesday...... and all automated emails have stopped.....
  • NikilaineNikilaine Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also need a referral to waive the $65 fee. I'm transferring from Indiana University in South Bend because I've accrued $7,000 in student loans after only two years and I just need a cheaper option.

Could anyone help me out?
    I don't have 10 posts so I can't send or receive PM's yet, but I did choose to allow emails from other members.

Thank you so much :)
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Nikilaine wrote: »
    I also need a referral to waive the $65 fee. I'm transferring from Indiana University in South Bend because I've accrued $7,000 in student loans after only two years and I just need a cheaper option.

Could anyone help me out?
    I don't have 10 posts so I can't send or receive PM's yet, but I did choose to allow emails from other members.

Thank you so much :)

Email sent.
  • rcarey324rcarey324 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all. I am enrolling into this school and would greatly appreciate anyone's assistance with an affiliate code.

Thanks
  • nfunk01nfunk01 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All! I am hoping to begin at WGU very soon, however would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me a referral so the application fee could be waived. I am unable to receive private messages on this board as I am new, but my email is [removed]. Thanks in advance.

~Nick
  • tleavelltleavell Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seeking a referral to have application fee waived. Any assistance would be appreciated. :):):)