Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    jmsantosjmsantos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im an undergraduate student at WGU. I will be happy to refer you. Please send your first name, last name and email address.
  • Options
    apple31415apple31415 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could a current student at WGU please refer me? I am apply to one of their teacher programs and would love to get out of paying $65. :)

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out. icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    pupplespupples Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just spoke to a counselor and she said that the refer-a-friend didn't waive the fee, only offered a discount? Is this true, or is it something they don't talk about?

Anyway, would a current student mind referring me? My email is in my profile if for some reason I did not activate PM correctly. I would appreciate it so much! :)
  • Options
    u033736u033736 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be happy to do a referral for you but don't see PM enabled or email in your profile. I will need your first and last name and email address to refer you.
  • Options
    pupplespupples Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey! Is there a way for me to PM this to you? Or should I just reply here with it and then delete it after you send it?I can't figure out how to PM you, and I am guessing that means it isn't activated?
  • Options
    I'll be happy to do a referral. The first page of this thread tells you how to enable PMs. Will need first and last names and email through PM to do the referral.
  • Options
    Done. Best of luck!
  • Options
    GREAGIRLGREAGIRL Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pupples wrote: »
    I just spoke to a counselor and she said that the refer-a-friend didn't waive the fee, only offered a discount? Is this true, or is it something they don't talk about?

Anyway, would a current student mind referring me? My email is in my profile if for some reason I did not activate PM correctly. I would appreciate it so much! :)

Exact text from referral page:

Give a Gift – Get a Gift

The WGU Refer-A-Friend Program

Refer Your Friend in December and WGU Will Donate to the American Red Cross - Deadline Extended to January 7th!

WGU_graduates_0.jpgDo you know someone who is interested in earning a high-quality, accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree online? If so, complete this form and we’ll send both of you a special thank you gift and donate $10 to the American Red Cross.
    Here’s how it works:

STEP 1: Complete the referral form below and we’ll send your friend an email inviting them to complete the referral acceptance form.
    STEP 2: Your friend completes the referral acceptance form. When they complete the form we will verify their eligibility. If eligible:
    • We’ll waive your friend’s application fee (a $65 savings) when they apply for admission.
    • We’ll send you a gift code good toward the purchase of merchandise in the online student store.
    • We’ll donate $10 to the American Red Cross.
    You can refer as many friends as you like, and for every eligible friend you refer, we’ll waive their $65 application fee and donate $10 to the American Red Cross. You can only receive a total of four gift codes per calendar year good toward merchandise of your choice at the online student store. When your friend completes the acceptance form, you will receive a confirmation email.
    NOTE: In order for you and your friend to receive the gift award, your friend must complete the referral acceptance form. Only current, matriculated students and alumni of WGU are eligible to make referrals. To be eligible, referred friends must be requesting information about WGU for the first time (and have no prior record of inquiry). Eligibility will be verified.

Link is here: https://www.wgu.edu/referfriend
  • Options
    u033736 wrote: »
    I will be happy to do a referral for you but don't see PM enabled or email in your profile. I will need your first and last name and email address to refer you.

would it be possible to refer me as well? I would greatly appreciate it!
  • Options
    I sent an email.
  • Options
    lresor1lresor1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    would someone mind sending me pm for the referral? thanks so much!
  • Options
    fuzion2k3fuzion2k3 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could someone send me a referral please? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    I sent you one back :)
  • Options
    mlynnmlynn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would someone be able to send me a referral via pm please? Thanks!
  • Options
    Andrew2012Andrew2012 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all, does anyone happen to have a referral available they could send me? Thank you!
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both of you will need to enable forum email. You will find it under your settings option.
  • Options
    Andrew2012Andrew2012 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mlynnmlynn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oops! Fixed it icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    bpena75bpena75 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone kindly give me a referral code? :) Thank you!
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello everyone
    I applied for WGU and did not know about the "refer a friend" program

I never submitted my application but I filled it all out.
    I did not want to pay 65 bucks lol at the time and I was just about to finally pay it.
    Then I noticed this thread and I can just get a referral from one of you fine gentlemen!

So anyone who would be so kind, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the continued help.
  • Options
    crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    olaHalo wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    I applied for WGU and did not know about the "refer a friend" program

I never submitted my application but I filled it all out.
    I did not want to pay 65 bucks lol at the time and I was just about to finally pay it.
    Then I noticed this thread I can just get a referral from one of you fine gentlemen!

So anyone who would be so kind, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the continued help.

PM sent.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PM sent.

thank you for the referral
    just got it
  • Options
    khbowdrykhbowdry Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all. PLEASE send me a code for WGU. I cannot afford the app fee & truly want and need to get started. Thanks, Krystal
  • Options
    bpena75bpena75 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would a appreciate a referral :)

Thank You!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I would love to. You have to get your PMs enabled first or you can send me an e-mail through my profile by clicking my name
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Betheone22Betheone22 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interested in attending. Can someone send me a referral please?
  • Options
    Hi if possible could you sende a referral?
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hello Bethone22, I would be happy to help but you don't have PM's available. Please send me an e-mail through my profile and I'll send you one
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Not sure if I am doing this correctly.
  • Options
    I am not sure how to send a message. I clicked on your name and it took me to your profile. After that I did not see anywhere that I could leave a message. Please help.