Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    waldo_phillwaldo_phill Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would appreciate a WGU referral. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    wguhelpwguhelp Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cannot figure out how to send a PM to you with that information?
  • Options
    GREAGIRLGREAGIRL Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In order to PM/Email a member you will need to click on the member's name (on the left of their post in royal blue). You will then see additional options including Send Private Message and/or Send Email. I don't remember the exact rules before you are eligible to PM or Email a member. (It's something like you have to post X times or wait X amount of days after signing up but I'm not sure.)

There is no magical referral code. What happens is the candidate provides the referrer with their first name, last name and email address. The referrer then has to go into the system, enter in all of their information (which is verified by the system) plus the information you provide. WGU will then send an email to candidate informing them that they have been sent a referral and offering the waived/discounted (depending on what deal WGU is offering at the time) application fee. The candidate will then need to click on the link provided and follow the directions given to accept the referral.

Please keep in mind the following:
    1. Some people able to give referrals don't want to give them. Unless someone has specifically offered to give referrals, don't ask.
    2. Also, the name/email you provide for the referral needs to be accurate. I personally just cut and paste whatever it is you send me.

I'm kind of loitering while I wait to start my CT assignment. I will be available off and on this month to give referrals.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi GREAGIRL

I need a referral if you are offering. WGU seems to be popular around here. Is it what a lot of tech people use to get their bachelors? Is it respected in the IT job market?

I am still trying to figure out how I can send PMs because it is not in the list I must be too new still.
  • Options
    MsMcNettMsMcNett Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am definitely excited to attend WGU... Looking to get a referral as soon as I can pm.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Please read the thread before posting. You do not need PM's enabled. Just enable to receive email from members and anyone can contact you at anytime.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    WGU offers a lot of different programs. I completed a BS in Business Management through them last year. I have, without any issue, used it to persue the alternative licensure path for Teaching in the state of Texas. Alot of other alumni have had no issue whatsoever benefiting from the degree in either continuing eduation or finding employment. As part of the BS in Business Management Program, you're required to sucessfully pass the CompTia Project A+ which is highly respected as well.

If you want to chance it feel free to post your info. I personally wouldn't as you might end up in Spam City with your email floating all over the world. You might want to contact one of the admins re: your PM not working. As I stated, while someone has said it is X number of posts, it may well be the amount of time you spend on here and/or the amount of time that lapses since your sign up.

I would personally try networker050184's trick first.
  • Options
    NefertariNefertari Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Send email to admin to at PM,, also I am attempting to do 10 post as well. Thanks GREAGIRL!
  • Options
    When I said X I mean't X as in an unknown factor not the number 10. :D Networker up above is one of the moderators here. Surely he/she might be able to assist. The email enabling might actually be the fastest way to do it.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    GREAGIRL wrote: »
    The email enabling might actually be the fastest way to do it.

Yep quick, easy and you can do it yourself. Much quicker than trying to post 10 times which still does not immediately activate you PM privileges.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Someone on another of the WGU boards has posted that there is also another way of getting the application fee waived/reduced. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works or how long they are going to be offering this method, but according to the poster (at this time) it is possible to receive the waiver by requesting information about the school via this form: https://www.wgu.edu/wgu/inquiry_form AND completing a call with an enrollment counselor.

Per the poster: The difference is REQUEST INFORMATION and not APPLY for school. If you request info, you'll get the call and then the code. If you apply first, you'll need the code right away.

You will have to speak to an enrollment counselor either way so it's definately something to consider. I'm not sure how fast they get back to you once you submit the request for info but it's certainly another avenue to consider, especially if you're working on this within their enrollment office hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. MST, Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. MST on Saturday.
  • Options
    MsMcNettMsMcNett Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok I think I've got it! I enabled the ability to recieve emails. If someone could contact me I would be forever greatful!:)
  • Options
    MsMcNett wrote: »
    Ok I think I've got it! I enabled the ability to recieve emails. If someone could contact me I would be forever greatful!:)

Email sent. Reply with your first name, last name and email address.
  • Options
    kdg303kdg303 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Creagirl,
    I have enabled the email settings but it still won't let me pm you. If you are still offering can you send me an email so I can send you my info for a referral? Thank you!!
  • Options
    SoergBotSoergBot Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a referral
    e-mail is open. thanks!
  • Options
    MrB2920MrB2920 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Was hoping for a referral too. Please email me and I'll forward you my info. Thanks.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY

You're still not showing as email enabled.
  • Options
    Greagirl,

I think I enabled it so you can mail me?
  • Options
    Cnic0leCnic0le Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hoping for a referral also. Please help! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    DavidBraggDavidBragg Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking for a referral, email is enabled.
    Thanks!
    David
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a referral please. I have email enamabled. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    roxCroxC Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to apply to Western Governor's University, but I cannot pay the $65 fee at the moment. I read someone can refer you, and the person referring you receives an Amazon gift card. I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!.\
  • Options
    norelottenorelotte Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello please inbox me I really need a referral asap. I would like to start my program as soon as possible. thank you. :):Dicon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    LDC814LDC814 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone!
    I am new to this thread, and I am interested in applying for the teachers school at WGU but I really would rather NOT pay $65 for the application fee.
    If anyone out there would like to help me out with the refer a friend program that would we awesome!
    Please message me or inbox me thanks Lisa :)
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will all need to enable emailing before we can request information.
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since I've gotten 3 pms. I guess I should go ahead and say I got the referral, thank you!
  • Options
    AdahyAdahy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in applying to WGU, could someone please send me a refer a friend code thanks
  • Options
    mjett101mjett101 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello can someone please refer me? Email is open. Thanks!!
  • Options
    billyb18bbillyb18b Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can somebody please help me with a promo code , I will really appreciate it . Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    fiyahwerksfiyahwerks Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I would like to request an referral code. I believe I enabled email correctly. Thanks!