WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I filled out the form last week and my Enrollment Counselor keeps emailing me that I still need to pay the application fee. I keep replying to him that I am waiting for the code but he doesn't seem to read my replies, lol. Hopefully they send me my code soon. I am eager to get started!
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • jdchildersjdchilders Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Update- can I get a referral, just verified to get my PM ability up =)
  • flash23flash23 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need a referal too
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    flash23 wrote: »
    I need a referal too

Once we either can PM you or E-mail you. . .
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
    how do I enable the pming
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    flash23 wrote: »
    how do I enable the pming

From all the way back in the first post, there was an Edit by icon_wm.gif:
    For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net. Alternatively, you can enable the option "Receive Email from Other Members" in your user profile allowing active members to contact you for the referral.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    hmm I looked at the email it said after 10 post
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just enabled PM for you. Based on your post count it would have occurred tonight during maintenance routines but you should be able to receive email in any case if you enable it.
    lol thanks webmaster
  • arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much, Tato500!
  • 518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    7 days later, I have yet to see something on my email regarding RAF. Am I supposed to get a code? Like a coupon code? icon_lol.gif
    518 wrote: »
    7 days later, I have yet to see something on my email regarding RAF. Am I supposed to get a code? Like a coupon code? icon_lol.gif

Yes, someone that is a current student will have to refer you. You then get an e-mail, from WGU, with a code to use during your application process. I hope that helps
    arield wrote: »
    Yes, someone that is a current student will have to refer you. You then get an e-mail, from WGU, with a code to use during your application process. I hope that helps

petedude graciously referred me 7-days ago. I then submitted the RAF form that same day.

thanks.
    petedude graciously referred me 7-days ago. I then submitted the RAF form that same day.

thanks.

I too have been waiting 7 days for the email from WGU. My enrollment counselor keeps emailing me that my application is not complete until I pay the application fee...
    WGU PROGRESS

Nobylspoon wrote: »
    I too have been waiting 7 days for the email from WGU. My enrollment counselor keeps emailing me that my application is not complete until I pay the application fee...

I didn't fill out my application until I got my referral code. Within the application itself, I used the referral code, and it told me that my application fee was waived. Did you apply before you got the referral code?
    arield wrote: »
    I didn't fill out my application until I got my referral code. Within the application itself, I used the referral code, and it told me that my application fee was waived. Did you apply before you got the referral code?

I filled out the application and saved it after reaching the payment page. I did not submit it (can't without payment or code).

Lol, I just got an email from my Enrollment Counselor reminding me to take the Student Assessment. I keep responding to his emails but he doesn't appear to read them.
    WGU PROGRESS

I filled out the application and saved it after reaching the payment page. I did not submit it (can't without payment or code).

Lol, I just got an email from my Enrollment Counselor reminding me to take the Student Assessment. I keep responding to his emails but he doesn't appear to read them.

I just called him. He said it normally only takes 24 hours and suggested I resubmit the form. Hopefully that works.

**UPDATE**

Got my code about 10 minutes after resubmitting that form!
    WGU PROGRESS

I just called him. He said it normally only takes 24 hours and suggested I resubmit the form. Hopefully that works.

**UPDATE**

Got my code about 10 minutes after resubmitting that form!

mann, I better re-submit mine!

Yeah, the email from WGU staff regarding assessments and payments are annoying. icon_lol.gif

Let me fill out the RAF form again today, cool.
    and...almost two hours after resubmission, still no code for RAF.
  • sskainssskains Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am wanting to begin at WGU. Can someone PM me to get a RAF set up. Much appreciated.
    sskains wrote: »
    I am wanting to begin at WGU. Can someone PM me to get a RAF set up. Much appreciated.

E-mail sent.
    --Will Rogers
    In order to comply with legal guidelines of regional accrediting commissions, a maximum of one gift certificate can be awarded to one person.

I still havent got my code after 2 submissions, could it be due to the above guideline?
    I still havent got my code after 2 submissions, could it be due to the above guideline?

You should call your enrollment councilor and let them know you are having issues with this.
    WGU PROGRESS

• JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I am interested in starting WGU, and would love a referral. If someone is interested please PM me. Thanks!
    WGU Progress
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in starting WGU, and would love a referral. If someone is interested please PM me. Thanks!

Once your PM's work, sure. :)
    --Will Rogers
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try me now.

[edit by Webmaster: enabled PM]
    WGU Progress
    Just bumping the thread to put it back on the first page.
    --Will Rogers
  • sskainssskains Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd like a referal, please.

Please include this information in your email(WGU site requires it):

First name:
    Last name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    WGU Online Student ID:
    WGU Email Address:
    sskains wrote: »
    I'd like a referal, please.

Please include this information in your email(WGU site requires it):

First name:
    Last name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    WGU Online Student ID:
    WGU Email Address:

PM sent.
    --Will Rogers
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Shecky wrote: »
    Can anyone refer me as well? I'm finally jumping in! icon_cheers.gif

They need this information:

sent, check your pms
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: