Options

XK0-002 Exam still valid ?

LinuxP2BLinuxP2B Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to take the XK0-002 before it's retired on October 31,2010 according to Comptia's website. I was just wondering if this will be valid after Oct. 31. Would it have the same value as taking the new examsLX0-101 and LX0-102 ? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    LinuxP2B wrote: »
    I am trying to take the XK0-002 before it's retired on October 31,2010 according to Comptia's website. I was just wondering if this will be valid after Oct. 31. Would it have the same value as taking the new examsLX0-101 and LX0-102 ? Thanks in advance.

CompTIA Linux+

The exam will retire and after that date no new certificates can be earn via that exam number.

The certification (as with the other CompTIA certs, with exception of A+, NET+, and Sec+ after Jan 1, 2011) are for life.

If you take the exam now, you'll be certified in that material for life (or until CompTIA changes the ruling).

As far as which as more value? They are different creatures (of the same Name), If you haven't begun to study yet, I think I'd lean toward the current exams FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    According to CompTIA, by completing the LX0-101 and LX0-102 exams, it also qualifies you for the LPIC-1 certification. Reference - CompTIA Linux+
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    LinuxP2BLinuxP2B Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your input. I think I will go with the current exam than taking 2 exams.....Wish me luck.