Options

Cisco 3825 for £10

mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I bought two 3825 routers for £10 each today. The seller believed they were old and let go for £10 each. I was overwhelmed with joy. Powered them up when I got home, one is working ok, the other boots up but not showing on the console. Any ideas on what I can do? I'm not selling them, they'll just add up to my lab.
In my Lab
I have access to any cisco equipment I need

Comments

• Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Is it getting to ROMMON, or not booting at all?

Try pulling out the modules and see if boots.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're not seeing anything on that one console port hope that someone changed the config register to change the console port speed -- try the different speed settings in you terminal software and hit the return key a few times.

You can also try sending BREAK while it's booting/powering up.....

Even if only one of the 3800s works your the current leader for SCORE OF THE DECADE. icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Even if only one of the 3800s works your the current leader for SCORE OF THE DECADE. icon_cheers.gif

Its going to be hard to beat that deal for sure even if only one works.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    A couple of weeks ago I got a slammin' deal on eBay.

But this one takes the cake. It's unbelievable what he got the units for.

I'm a bit shocked really. All the seller had to do was check eBay just once to see what these things go for....
  • Options
    Is it getting to ROMMON, or not booting at all?

Try pulling out the modules and see if boots.

nothing showing on console at all. I removed the ecc ram. It still doesn't show anything. changed a few settings in the console too, no joy.
    In my Lab
  • Options
    FatbunnyFatbunny Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow that was a super deal!

I had the same problem when I picked up a 3745 but like mike said it was just the config register being set to a different speed. I also had to use a different terminal emulator as hyperterminal wouldn't respond at all.

If you don't get it working, I would be interested in purchasing it from you.
  • Options
    Fatbunny wrote: »
    Wow that was a super deal!

I had the same problem when I picked up a 3745 but like mike said it was just the config register being set to a different speed. I also had to use a different terminal emulator as hyperterminal wouldn't respond at all.

If you don't get it working, I would be interested in purchasing it from you.

lol, which terminal emulator did you use in getting it to work. I believe it's working. I plugged in a 2950 switch into one of the gigabit ports and it's flashing and the switch port is up.
    In my Lab
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    mathelize wrote: »
    lol, which terminal emulator did you use in getting it to work. I believe it's working. I plugged in a 2950 switch into one of the gigabit ports and it's flashing and the switch port is up.

Getting any CDP info?
  • Options
    Getting any CDP info?

Nothing at all, it only powers up, nothing on the console. I should say just the CF and Sys pwr lights are on. On the cisco website, it says when sys is off, no power. on the front panel, I've got sys and sys pwr, only sys pwr is steady green. Mabye the power supply. I'll try show cdp neighbour on the switch now.
    This is the switch output. Plugged into Fa0/1 of switch and GE0/1 of3825

Switch_A#sh cdp neighbors
    Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
    S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

Switch_A#sh ip int brief
    Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
    Vlan1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down
    FastEthernet0/1 unassigned YES unset up up
    In my Lab