Master's Degree Costs

2»

Comments

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @eMeS - given the quotes:

"I suspect that Godwin's Law is about to be realized in this thread..."

"Arkeil v. Pressdram (1971)"

Which are not used frequently, I would say that you have either been around the block once or twice.....or are very well read.

@Warsh1p - You made the comment:

"You wouldn't want your doctor to get his PhD online would you?"

No I wouldn't and nor would it ever be allowed. Doctor's need to have hands on learning, residency, labs, and to physically take apart and put back together humans. This is not something that can be done online. However in the world of IT, where many things can be learn through the use of a home lab, online materials or videos, not to mention that no one's life is on the life if I screw up. This thread started about an MA in the IT field...don't being other majors or occupations as that just skews the view of the conversation and is completely irrelevant to the original point!

I'd also like to say that you are entitled to your opinion about not doing an MA online, however being that I need a flexible schedule (mostly night and weekends free), don't have the time to commute to a physical location, and may be changing states within the middle of my MA....an online program would work better and still provide me with the same end goal...a degree. Your opinion is however duly noted.
  • Options
    EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Warsh1p wrote: »
    Okay eMeS here you go,

"Although the degree cannot be earned entirely online, there are a range of on-campus and online classes."

Citation: Program Overview: Information Technology Degree: Harvard Extension School

You can also get sample lectures from your link and free lectures from many ivy league school on the internet.

Oh the irony...

icon_lol.gif

Should I start tagging myself WS from now on... It might get me some reputation points. Because defending myself against your explosive and completely inaccurate claims gets me bad reputation points like, "yoda say, sense you do not make." It's classy.

I am on my way to my completely online Harvard Masters degree.

WS

I don’t want to get in any kind of Internet spat with you. Also, having never taken and online graduate program, I'm certainly in no position to advocate nor disparage. However, I must state that there are Ivy League universities that offer graduate degrees entirely online. Columbia for one offers the following:

M.S. in Computer Science
    M.S. in Electrical Engineering
    M.S. in Engineering and Management Systems
    M.S. in Materials Science
    M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
    P.D. in Computer Science
    P.D. in Electrical Engineering
    P.D. in Mechanical Engineering

Once again, I'm not passing judgment on your view of graduate online education, simply addressing your statement. I'm also pretty certain Cornell offers them as well.

Here is a link to Columbia's offering: http://ci.columbia.edu