Options

I sat the ROUTE yesterday and...

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Okay I'm sorry, that was a little excessive but hey I'm excited)

Thanks People!!!

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

Edit: and it must be asked, what's next? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great job!

What study materials did you use?
    How what of experience did you have?
    How long/hours per week did it take?

Any areas of focus you would recommend?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. How long did it study?
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    lol congrats :)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Congrats, you have the weekend to celebrate.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats, you have the weekend to celebrate.

You changed your avatar! why!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!!!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    alan2308- Whats next...hmmm... A quick detour to get my WWSE (Websense Web Security Engineer) and then on to the SWITCH exam! Websense will only take about a month...

Daniel333-

>What study materials did you use?

The WO Official Book... As discussed on this site, it is full of typos... But a great resource regardless. Also used the Quick refrence guide which helped tie everything together the night before the exam.

>How much and what sort of experience did you have?

I work at an ISP... enough said... I work with Cisco everyday and sometimes at rare occasions I get to work with other routing hardware like the Jupiter OS (I know its Juniper but some guy said shitsco to me so I had to fight back with something)... But experience would be 2yrs IT before starting work and 3Yrs on the job (and loving every single day of it)...

>How long/hours per week did it take?

A long journey my friend! I was actually contemplating taking the COMP then I thought yes then I thought no over and over again... Studied for the COMP for 4 months and then decided Its too much to study while working so studied a furthur 4 months only on ROUTE so about 6 months. I study roughly 36 hours a week... 4hrs every day of the week and 8 hrs each day of the weekend... no i dont have a life...

>Any areas of focus you would recommend?

Without violating my NDA I would say PBR, OSPF Area types, Route Redistribution were tough. I dont want to sound sarcastic so dont take this the wrong way but what I did to prepare was print multiple copies of the Exam Blueprint on Cisco site and I kept a copy everywhere I went (Car, Home, Office, Girlfriends house..she didnt like that) and I read it over and over again untill i knew exactly what was coming and how well i knew it.

knwminus,- I studied as hard as I could for about 6 months

mikej412, fly351, notgoing2fail,burbankmarc, rogue2shadow,earweed- thanks for the support!!!

Thanks People,

Regards,
    David
  • Options
    Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 184
    >How long/hours per week did it take?

so studied a furthur 4 months only on ROUTE so about 6 months. I study roughly 36 hours a week... 4hrs every day of the week and 8 hrs each day of the weekend... no i dont have a life...

David

You studied 4 hrs/day weekdays and 8 hrs/day weekends and it took you 4 months to pass ROUTE at that pace?!
  • Options
    I wanted to be really sure of myself... See the thing is, I haven't failed an exam yet and I don't want to give my employer the satisfaction of saying "Don't worry kid you will get it next time"

Basically,

Regards,
    David

Note: Because I put in the hard yards for the ROUTE and the SWITCH I will only need about a month or two at most for the TSHOOT, Look at it that way.