Options

Will I be ready in a month?

GamingCrazyGamingCrazy Member Posts: 113
Strategy:

Finish Train Signal Network + Videos
Take notes and sudden insights of what Ed has given.
I have a network+ book, but due to my procastination and stimulative mind I cannot find the patience to read a book (Would that be required).

I'm more of a visual and auditory learners,

Thanks in advance guys! And good luck to everyone.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    When you reviewed the objectives (and if you haevn't yet...do so), how much of them do you understand?

How much experience do you have working with the material covered on the exam?

It depends on what you know and to what depth you know the information as to whether or not TrainSignal alone will be enough. Their material is very good (from what I have seen), but generally experience and a text or two are recommended review before an exam.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Review the objectives, like Plainwitz said. I recommend you use a book to make sure you know the Ports and different mediums (lengths, speeds, etc.)
    I don't know if the Trainsignal by itself will be enough. I'm fairly sure the time you've set aside should be sufficient though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would read the Network+ book before I went for the exam. CompTIA exams are not cheap.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Review the objectives, like Plainwitz said. I recommend you use a book to make sure you know the Ports and different mediums (lengths, speeds, etc.)
    I don't know if the Trainsignal by itself will be enough. I'm fairly sure the time you've set aside should be sufficient though.

So far trainsignal has covered in depth speed and pins, I know the material pretty well but I don't have knowledgeable experience to back it up (Pertaining to the work environment).
  • Options
    I had no networking work experience at all either. Experience is recommended, not required. Be sure you understand the objectives and you'll be fine.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    I had no networking work experience at all either. Experience is recommended, not required. Be sure you understand the objectives and you'll be fine.

My experience extends from taking a 3 hour class for a semester at my high school, and just general knowledge from learning off my Dad. It doesn't look to hard though, it's rather just informational knowledge I've seen so far. It doesn't seem to go to far into depth as would CCENT, I tried watching trainsignal on that and right off the bat they wanted you to know how to think using the seven layers of the osi model.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Who's Net+ book do you have? Mike Myer's is a solid read, well written. If you don't like to read a lot, it helps to break up the reading. Try to read 1 chapter every 2-3 days or make a goal to sit down and read 15 minutes 2-3x/day.

Another option would be to look through the objectives, and just read the summaries if you are comfortable with the material. I used to type up the lesson/chapter summaries and read through them each day as a study aid. The combination of typing and reading help cement the material in your mind.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Who's Net+ book do you have? Mike Myer's is a solid read, well written. If you don't like to read a lot, it helps to break up the reading. Try to read 1 chapter every 2-3 days or make a goal to sit down and read 15 minutes 2-3x/day.

Another option would be to look through the objectives, and just read the summaries if you are comfortable with the material. I used to type up the lesson/chapter summaries and read through them each day as a study aid. The combination of typing and reading help cement the material in your mind.

Mike myers :), I probably will just end up doing the summaries. Thanks for the input guys
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Train Signal course should also come with a free Transcender voucher. Have you taken the practice exam yet? That's a great indicator of what areas you're ready for and which might require some re-studying.
  • Options
    The Train Signal course should also come with a free Transcender voucher. Have you taken the practice exam yet? That's a great indicator of what areas you're ready for and which might require some re-studying.

Sure haven't I need to do that, transcender is
    very good
  • Options
    Sure haven't I need to do that, transcender is
    very good
    I used it for the 70-620 and I'm using it for my upcoming 70-643 and 70-647. Transcender definitely helps a lot.
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd read the book. Better to read it before the exam than after it. :p
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS