Options

How do I send Security+ to Microsoft?

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got the Security+ this week to fulfill the elective for my MCSA. I've followed directions on how to let Microsoft know, but it's not working. The directions I found say to click on "Publish Credentials" under "Certifications" on CompTIA's website, but I can't find that option anywhere. Has it changed recently? If anybody knows how to do this, I'd really like to know.

Comments

• Options
    IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How do I verify my credentials to Microsoft?

You must be logged into your Candidate record at https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia . Select the 'transcript' feature.
    Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) certification program. In addition, Microsoft accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications, and as a specialization option for the MCSA: Security and MCSE: Security certifications.
    You can forward an electronic verification of your certification using the ‘Transcript’ feature.
    On your first visit to this page you will essentially see a ‘blank’ screen with only column headings. Select ‘Create new transcript’ located to the left, under the word ‘Transcripts’. This will take you to the ‘Create/Edit’ screen.

The options on the CREATE/EDIT page are as follows: Select the boxes appropriate to your needs as described below:

DISABLED – allows You to ‘disable viewing’ by your recipient prior to the original ‘Can be viewed until’ date. Note, this will disable ALL transcripts sent under this particular transcript number.
    DISPLAY CERTS – Will display only the Certification held, without certification dates. MUST be checked.
    IF DISPLAYING CERTS SHOW CERT DATES – Will display Certification dates along with certification held. CAN be checked.
    CAN BE VIEWED UNTIL – This is the last date Transcript can be viewed by your recipient. Average time given is usually 30 to 90 days. Format of date field is MM-DD-YYYY. Your transcript will not function if the date entered is incorrectly'.

PRIVATE NOTES: Area where you can place note or reference for yourself – is displayed on main transcript screen only.
    REMARKS –These are visible to your recipient. You would enter your MCP# in this box when submitting for Microsoft validations.
    SUBMIT BUTTON– Creates Transcript & Transcript ID#.
    You will be sent back to the Transcript ‘home page’. Select the transcript ID you wish to publish, enter an email address & hit the ‘submit’ button. This occurs quickly and a notification will appear at the top of the page. Each e-mail address the transcript is sent to must be entered individually. Again, when the disabled feature is used, ALL the recipients who received the transcript ID# will be disabled. Feel free to send to yourself first, so you can review what your recipient will be receiving.
    Microsoft’s e-mail address, if applicable is mcphelp@microsoft.com They will only accept your certification information by using this validation process. If you have any questions please contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.
    Note: The ‘submit’ button in the received e-mail does not link anywhere – we are working on removing this from the e-mail sent
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • Options
    Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been trying to figure this out for days. Thanks IT FAN. icon_thumright.gif
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided
  • Options
    Bless2bloepzBless2bloepz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. icon_cheers.gif