Options

Hey Guys - 1st post & just got my CCNP

TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a while but I think it's about time I joined and said thanks for all the help and gave something back to the forum - There has always been a great deal of information here which has helped me out during the process of getting my CCNP.

I started in 2007 with my CCNA and have been slowly making progress ever since. I currently work as a systems administrator for a company in Perth, Australia... and even though I have to work a lot with the 'other' (evil!) side of IT (servers, vmware etc) there's always something Cisco related for me to play around with which has helped me out @#$%loads on my journey.

It also helps that I've spent a lot of time at work lately mucking around with the TSHOOT topolgy in GNS3 - I got to the point where I could build it without even looking at the topology diagrams for IP addresses icon_lol.gif

hmm.. I'm taking a break for the moment but I think i'll get the CCNA Security next - the CCIE looks way too full on and to tell you the truth - scares me :D

Anyway guys thanks for such a great forum!

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE and congrats on your achievement!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Again, Welcome to TE!!!

Congrats, you must be pretty happy having got the NP out of the way! Enjoy the security track!!! If you decide to then do CCSP then I bid you well my friend!!!

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    Cheers guys... It's a big relief but I feel like I'm missing out on the ONT and ISCW exams. TSHOOT came out just at the right time so I did it while routing and switching were still fresh.

I deal with alot of VPN stuff at work so that's not too bad but my QoS is horrible hehe . I gotta get Wendall's book and bone up on it, otherwise I actually feel a bit embarrased calling myself a CCNP :)

To tell you the truth though I barely ever see QoS actually implemented in the real world, not sure why that is but I've managed to scrape by so far...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass!! icon_cheers.gif And CCNP!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CCNP is still a CCNP :)

Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Very well said TesseracT,

i just passed ISCW to complete the CCNP series. And the forum was great motivation. Thanks everyone and "on the next one". It feels go upgrading a profile.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats to you as well!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats to both of you!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cdad2000 wrote: »
    i just passed ISCW to complete the CCNP
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
  • Options
    It's all happy days : )