Options

Passed 70-680 with a second shot

Matt27[lt]Matt27[lt] Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-680 (900 points) the last day of a second shot :) A week before that (23d) I failed with 660 and wasn't very happy (so to say), because exam wasn't what I was expected at all. Till now remember questions about Parental controls and game ratings in Windows 7. Game ratings, seriously? After failing first time I got bearings what to study and look for, so second shot was piece of cake. I even got to almost identical questions :)
Exam left some doubts about it's purpose - I was concentrating on command-line (dism, netsh, cipher, robocopy etc.) and I was asked only what tools should I use in this or what situation. No command-line specific questions. Strange, because in T.Orin study book it was covered extensively. And where was no Parental Control section in the book too.
Now it doesn't matter - I got my first certificate:D
Good luck everyone.
p.s. First time there was 66 questions and it took like 70 minutes to complete. Second time there was 50 questions and 45 minutes to complete.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! Great score.
    They seem to switch up so much stuff on that exam that people have had a hard time preparing for it. Multiple resources seems to be a key for most people in passing this exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass, I look forward to taking it tomorrow.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on passing! Great score.
    They seem to switch up so much stuff on that exam that people have had a hard time preparing for it. Multiple resources seems to be a key for most people in passing this exam.

I would agree with this statement. I took the exam and it sounds completely different than his experience. We will see tomorrow how well I do on it.

Congratz by the way...
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations for the pass, it's good that we're not getting the same kind of questions. I had a totally different experience than yours (a lot of command line questions).
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Matt27[lt]Matt27[lt] Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you to all