Options

Passed 70-680

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got a 914 so I'm happy with myself. I actually felt confident that I could completely ace it but there were a few questions that tripped me up.

I will say this much, in comparison to the XP exams this one was very brief as far as lengthy questions go. It was short and straight to the point, which is a good thing I guess, but can also be a bad thing if you're someone like myself who's a stickler for details.

But all in all, 914 is an awesome score. I used the MS Press Book, labs from the Press Book, Tom Carpenter LearnKey Videos (these are VERY VERY good if you haven't checked them out), and a couple of practice exams here or there (school provides about 250 questions to take, I guess they're Transcender, but I'm not certain). I did neglect one resource and that's Exam Force/CramMasters practice exams and study guides. I had those at my disposal as well and decided that I didn't need them.

Got my first MCTS certificate!
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the great score!
    From what I hear examforce for the 70-680 isn't worth using. We use that practice test at WGU and it's been mostly useless for every course I've had to use it for. Good to hear that the learnkey videos are useful, I'll pass that word along over on the WGU community boards.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Great score! Congrats!
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    that is a solid score, nice work!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's a great score for sure, congratulations what's your next exam ?
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tackling the A+ in about two-three weeks and then jumping into server 2008 in August.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on your A+. When you start down the Server 2008 path be sure to lab as much as possible. The labbing isn't too hard to do for the 70-640,642 but you'll want a better setup once you get to the 70-643 (If planning to do the EA) as you'll want to be able to use Hyper-V. Once you get to the point of using Hyper-V you'll be leaving your old VMWare Workstaion/VirtualPC/VirtualBox or whatever you use behind. I'm finding that Hyper-V is much better to work with.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□