Options

CISSP self Study

anshu_806anshu_806 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have been working as system Admin for quite a while now and trying to move into IT security field.
I am preparing for CISSP exam but havent finalised any date yet.

I have "Official ISC2 guide to the CISSP CBK".

I am also planning to buy Shon Harris' book for CISSP.

Apart from that, are there any other recommendations for books, videos etc.?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CISSP for Dummies is good, to give you an overall feel of what is in each domain. Just understand that it is not even in the same solar system as having enough info to pass the exam, but it's a good cliff notes version of an overview of what is in each domain.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    anshu_806anshu_806 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks JD and Colemic for your suggestions.
    @ JD : you have explained each and everything in your post. Thanks

Just another question .. I have completed my Masters in computer science and been working as Sys Admin role for the last 2 years. As part of my Sys Admin, i may have experience in ACCESS CONTROL DOMAIN.
    I am planning to move into InfoSec as mentioned earlier..

I know SSCP concentrates more on the technical stuff whereas CISSP concentrates more on the Management- level (plz correct me if m wrong)..

What would you guys recommend SSCP or CISSP ?

Thanks
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    anshu_806 wrote: »
    Thanks JD and Colemic for your suggestions.
    @ JD : you have explained each and everything in your post. Thanks

Just another question .. I have completed my Masters in computer science and been working as Sys Admin role for the last 2 years. As part of my Sys Admin, i may have experience in ACCESS CONTROL DOMAIN.
    I am planning to move into InfoSec as mentioned earlier..

I know SSCP concentrates more on the technical stuff whereas CISSP concentrates more on the Management- level (plz correct me if m wrong)..

What would you guys recommend SSCP or CISSP ?

Thanks

Depends on where your interest lies - me, I like the mgmt side/policies etc side more, but if you want to be more technically focused, go for the SSCP.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    anshu_806 wrote: »
    What would you guys recommend SSCP or CISSP
    If you have the required experience for full CISSP certification, then go for the CISSP, otherwise start with the SSCP (or Security+).