NEWS: Article regarding Dell systems 2003-2005

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
Legal Documents Confirm Dell Knowingly Sold Defective Hardware - HotHardware

Legal Documents Confirm Dell Knowingly Sold Defective Hardware - HotHardware

Dell on the Nichicon Capacitor Issue - Direct2Dell - Blogs - Dell Community
Update: If you are a customer (US) who has questions or needs support, please use the following Technical Support numbers:

•Small Medium Business (1 - 499 employees): 877-293-1196
•Large Enterprise (500+ employees): 877-671-3355
•Public (Government, Federal, Healthcare and Education customers): Go this Dell.com link, Choose Business Product, then chose Public Sector Customer, then choose the respective link to get the specific number.
Outside the United States who has questions, you can also contact your sales teams or technical support. To contact support, customers outside the U.S. can do the following:

•Go to support.dell.com
•Choose your country or region from the drop-down list in the top left banner of the Dell.com masthead.
•Choose Contact Us
•Choose Technical Support
•Choose Call Technical Support

I recall having several client boxes going out during this time period. I also recall several calls to have boards swapped out...

I'm somewhat at a loss on thought here, as many of those clients are still very loyal to Dell brand and will not consider another solution...I wonder what they will think the next time we need to discuss a system upgrade??...we shall see how this plays out...
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would imagine most of the major OEMs knew about this but shipped them out anyway. At my last job we replaced a couple hundred IBM motherboards under their extended warranty and still weren't able to get them all fixed...
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We're one of those loyal to Dell (for workstations & switching), even though we had to have motherboards replaced on 30 + workstations a few years ago due to bulging or leaking capacitors and have had a few switches die on us in the three years I've been here.

We're just about due for a hardware refresh (waiting on our software vendor to support 2008 & 7), and I'm pleading for hardware with blank drives & volume licensing for our software. At my old job we bought 400 Lenovo workstations, and created one image. Booted every machine from a thumb drive, and we had them up & running within 20-30 minutes. Not at all like the usual Dells we get here loaded with crapware.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]