Server Fault

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Have you guys seen this site?

Server Fault

It's the sys admin's version of Stack Overflow. I really like it.

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep :) Pretty helpful! icon_thumright.gif
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yup, I have it in my favorites but havent been to it lately.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do you two use the same names on SF?

User Cole Lavallee - Server Fault

Yes, but Ive only been a lurker, havent replied to any of the topics yet.
    I don't really care, because this person was clearly an idiot. But I got neg repped for "advertising a competitiors web site." Clearly this person has no idea that TechExams is actually a web site for help with IT Certification. Server Fault is actually a place to go to get help with issues you are experiencing at work, in production or in test. While many of us may post questions or problems that we are having in the Off Topic section, TechExams.net is not a community designed for getting/giving help of this sort.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There seem to be a lot of people on here who like to neg people. I got negged on the WGU thread a while back for answering someones question and got a comment of "do you think that post was even worth the time?"
    On a side note, I'm gonna check out SF myself as it might be helpful to me. I"ve noticed quite a few people here in off topics posting work related questions but those posts always turn out to be informative.
    EDIT: signed up on it using earweed. I might be using that site a little since I already found a couple answers to some questions I had.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    This is the best neg rep ever. icon_cry.gif
    phoeneous wrote: »
    This is the best neg rep ever. icon_cry.gif

That got a literal LOL from me. Visiting the men's room is a part of my pre-test ritual as well.
    earweed wrote: »
    There seem to be a lot of people on here who like to neg people. I got negged on the WGU thread a while back for answering someones question and got a comment of "do you think that post was even worth the time?"
    On a side note, I'm gonna check out SF myself as it might be helpful to me. I"ve noticed quite a few people here in off topics posting work related questions but those posts always turn out to be informative.
    EDIT: signed up on it using earweed. I might be using that site a little since I already found a couple answers to some questions I had.

Glad it was helpful to you.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been neg repped for my soccer views and because I told a story about a friend, and someone thought it was "bull"

Oh well, its not like I need 12 green squares... /cry
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    There's also SuperUser.com