question about beta

starlight111starlight111 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
How long before the beta Network + becomes THE test to pass? or to put it another way, if you've been studying for the objectives on the current test is there a better strategy to use if it is going to be phased out soon? I'm using the standard books that are in Barnes & Noble as study guides. Thanks.

Comments

• XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Beta is not beta anymore,because beta test was till 31 December 2004.
    If you would have entered that test till 31 December,you would get Network+ 2005 certification.But now to enter n11-003,you have to wait at least 3-4 months till you can enter it.The official date is not announced from comptia.You can check the site of comptia regularly.But the people will wait also till the books about the new exams will be published.So I think that there won't be so many certified people from Network+ 2005 till the half of year 2005.But I think it is not big difference if you are certified from Network+ 2001 or Network+ 2005.The only difference is more wireless and gigabit technology.In beta exam,the people say that there were so much Mac OS Server questions but I don't think that in real Network+ 2005 you will see that much because Mac OS Server is not used a lot,and the Mac OS market is so tiny and dead.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yes, you wiould be taking the current objectives, not 2005 set. I've heard the new objectives will kick in around mid-year. I recco taking it soon. It's easy now, will be more difficult then.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Comptia's website states the expected close of the 2005 Beta Network+ is Jan. 9th, so there is still time to take it if desired.

They are still saying it will be up to 60 days for us to get the results.
  • XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think not enough people entered the test.So they want more people to enter to get a better feedback.
    I think Comptia would stop the time when an user writes a comment.I don't think a lot of people gave comments to the questions in the exam.
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    XCommand wrote:
    I think Comptia would stop the time when an user writes a comment.I don't think a lot of people gave comments to the questions in the exam.

I know I didn't. By the time I got finished with question 90, I only had 8 minutes left.