Options

BCMSN booked for Wednesday 14th...

TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
Committed, much sooner than I was expecting. Although July has crept up very quickly.

I'm very unsure of what to expect from the exam. I took my CCNA 2 years ago and have since been working for a largish network (around 2000 computers/2500 phones/250 servers). Since casually starting the BCMSN 6 months ago, I feel that I haven't overly learnt a lot of new stuff? Which is very off putting. Are we expected to know the distance all the fibre types can travel?

I booked this exam as more of a mock test, and will take the results to see what I need to concentrate on to retake ASAP.

How did you spend your last 5 days before the exam?

Oh well, wish me luck. :)

Comments

• Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    The last 5 days I think I just ran through some labs of topics that weren't my strongest. That and I went over wireless again since I had no wireless hardware to lab on.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck... You'll be fine. Lab as much as you can... That way you'll reinforce any topic that may be weak for you! Again, good luck!!! icon_thumright.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    For anyone who has the fourth edition BCMSN exam certification guide. Can you look at the private vlan chapter, page 419, example 16-3. Associating secondary vlans to primary vlans. Are the following commands made up?

private-vlan isolated vlan 50
    private-vlan community vlan 200

tried these on a Cisco 4948 and they are unrecognised from vlan 50 and vlan 200...
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    On the correct OS those commands are very real.
  • Options
    Cyanic wrote: »
    On the correct OS those commands are very real.

That's annoying. Any idea which IOS is needed for them or whether there is a alternative? IIRC it was running a IP Base OS, not sure what revision.

edit: I should have have added in my previous reply that I wasn't convinced they had the vlans correct in the example.
  • Options
    Trifidw wrote: »
    That's annoying. Any idea which IOS is needed for them or whether there is a alternative? IIRC it was running a IP Base OS, not sure what revision.

edit: I should have have added in my previous reply that I wasn't convinced they had the vlans correct in the example.

I see, if you are entering the entire string as you have listed this may be your problem. You just enter private-vlan {isolated|promiscuous|community} under the vlan config for that particular vlan.

Here is a nice write up.

http://www.cciestudywiki.com/wiki/VLANs_-_Private_VLANs
  • Options
    That link confirms my understanding.

For those who don't have the book at hand, this is what the eample states (I have made any typos):

Consider the SVI for the primary VLAN, VLAN 100, that has a IP address and participates in routing traffic. Secondary VLANs 40 (isolated) and 50 (community) are associated at layer 2 with primary VLAN 100 using the configuration in example 16-3.

(config)Vlan 40
    (config-vlan)private-vlan isolated vlan 50
    (config-vlan)private-vlan community vlan 200
    (config-vlan)private-vlan primary
    (config-vlan)private-vlan association 40,50
    (config-vlan)exit
    (config)int vlan 200
    (config-if) ip address ...
  • Options
    Perhaps they mean this.

(config)Vlan 40
    (config-vlan)private-vlan isolated
    (config-vlan)vlan 50
    (config-vlan)private-vlan community
    (config-vlan)vlan 200
    (config-vlan)private-vlan primary
    (config-vlan)private-vlan association 40,50
    (config-vlan)exit
    (config)int vlan 200
  • Options
    \o/

Route is next then...
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    \o/

Route is next then...

I'm assuming thats a PASS on the BCMSN? If so, CONGRATS!!!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    It is. Both myself and a friend who I was studying with passed.

I didn't do too well on time management. Had 2 labs within the first 10 questions and used up 30 minutes, didn't verify my work on the second lab. Rushed through it until the last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    It is. Both myself and a friend who I was studying with passed.

I didn't do too well on time management. Had 2 labs within the first 10 questions and used up 30 minutes, didn't verify my work on the second lab. Rushed through it until the last 10 minutes.

A pass is a pass, congrats man!

What's next, ROUTE?
  • Options
    Yeah, routing is next. Might throw in a CCDA.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on ROUTE studies!!! icon_thumright.gif Don't forget to celebrate as well!!! drunken_smilie.gif