Options

a little help

shux2345shux2345 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all just a little bit of help is needed, i am studying towards the 215 exam, my training provider has mock exams based on the material for this exam that enable me to move on to the next stage of study which is the MS 210 & 215 MS exams i passed the 210 mock but i am a bit stuck on the 215

there is this Q that really is doing my head in, the problem with it is that the answer seems to easy

QUESTION
you are planning to install Windows 2000 server on a computer that has 5 20-GB hard disks. the disks are completely blank; no operating system has ever been installed on any of them, LBA is supported. you want to use windows 2000 setup to create a volume as large as possible and to place the system and boot partitions on that volume.

which is the most accurate estimate of the maximum size of the volume that you are going to create?

POSSIBLE ANSWERS
A 2GB
B 4GB
C 8GB
D 16GB
E 20GB
F 100 GB

F was my choice of answer, as during the Windows setup detects all mass storage and you can choose from using all space, % of space, as i said above it seems to easy

can you please correct me if i am wrong and explain to me why also can you please explain to what LBA is and what it does

thanks in advance

mark (shux2345)
How do you become a senior admin if you cant get a junior admin job ?

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i believe the answer would be 20gb, as, although windows supports many of the variants of raid, the operating system itself can only be installed on one hard drive.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    thanks bellboy, but cant Windows use all 5 blank disks to create one volume and then install ? is it possible for windows to do that?

thanks
    mark(shux2345)
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    the answer is F
    because you could volume the 5 hard drives and make them act as one
  • Options
    thanks for the input guys, can anyone explain exactly what LBA does and how it would effect the answer as it seems to be a key part of the Q
    thanks
    mark (shux2345)
  • Options
    according to webopedia lba is
    Short for logical block addressing, a method used with SCSI and IDE disk drives to translate the cylinder, head, and sector specifications of the drive into addresses that can be used by an enhanced BIOS. LBA is used with drive's that are larger than 528 MB.
  • Options
    ghaoufa thx for that, but i had read that on a site that i go to for definitions, but what i dont get is how it will effect the answer, can anyone help
    thanks
    shux2345...mark
  • Options
    it is kind of like useless info that they give you to think that it has to do something with the answer
    if you have a book and go to spanned volume that is the answer
  • Options
    thx ghaoufa for the help
    mark (shux2345)