Options

pearson vue test centers overcharging?

bugsybugsy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
In the city I live in we have only one pearson vue test center. If I try to book an exam at this test center through the pearson vue website, there are no available dates. It has been like this for several months.

However, if I call the test center in question they will let me book the exam directly with them at whatever time/date I want to. Thing is, they charge about 5 times the price I'd get if I booked it directly through the pearson vue website.

Have anyone else experienced this with certain test centers?

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've seen some test centers that never have any dates available. Never called though. Some places are just set up to private and only let certain people test there. Don't know much more.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Never happened to me. I'd find a new testing center.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are trying to charge $500+ to take an exam there? Sweet jeebus.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Can you not just purchase a voucher for the exam you want online, then go to the test center and ask for a date to test?

**don't mention you have the voucher until they give up the available dates. **

Then, if they refuse to seat you for the exam, I would call pearsonvue and raise hell.

...but that's just me. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some of the schools that have programs for obtaining certs also have private testing centers. If would call Pearson with the testing center's info and see what they say.
  • Options
    breabrea Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A Test center in Ethiopia is charging 258GBP while the actual cost is 178GBP cisco ccna 200-120 .....how can i contact Pearson Vue ????
  • Options
    breabrea Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A Test center in Ethiopia is charging 258GBP while the actual cost is 178GBP cisco ccna 200-120 .....how can i contact Pearson Vue ????
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    How about hitting their website and following the "Contact Us" link?