Options

Microsoft Cert Deals for the 2nd half...

of the year.

Does anyone know or heard anything about Microsoft either having 2nd chance, or even the 25% off deals during the 2nd half of the year?

Comments

• Options
    wizardfishwizardfish Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For students, the 50% off PLUS second-shot has been re-extended another year - until June 2011.

Ref: Special Offers on Training and Certifications from Microsoft

For non-students, you can still take advantage of the second-shot deal through June 2011, at the normal voucher price.

Ref: Microsoft Learning: Special Offers on Official Microsoft Learning Products
  • Options
    Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both of the above links refer to the student (72-xxx) series exams. Also, the use by dates are different for each link.
  • Options
    wizardfishwizardfish Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I see that you're correct. I knew (and mentioned) the first one was for students, but I thought the second was generic, since it was NOT a link under the "student" section of the microsoft learning resources. *shrug* Sorry about that.
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the 72-series equivalent to the 70-series? An MCITP is an MCITP, right? Identical exams and objectives?
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cert Poor wrote: »
    Is the 72-series equivalent to the 70-series? An MCITP is an MCITP, right? Identical exams and objectives?

Yes, there just better priced for students.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, there just better priced for students.

When you say "student", is that as defined by MS? (Microsoft Academy)

Or would a simple college student qualify?
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    Reseven wrote: »

I'm not sure.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Reseven wrote: »

Special Offers on Training and Certifications from Microsoft

Check the FAQ's,
    a simple college student would qualify
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The 72 prefix exams are the same, and the MCP transcript doesn't even have the prefix anyway, so don't worry. The only requirement to take the 72 exams I've found is that you have to be a student with a valid student ID. I haven't seen anything about number of units you are taking, or your major, so I don't think it matters. It's currently summer break for most students so I don't think they would necessarily even require you to be currently enrolled in classes as long as you are enrolled in school. I've taken one 72 exam so far and nobody asked if I was a student or even if I had a student ID card, but YMMV.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Very disappointing, there is not a version for the 70-685 icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    Special Offers on Training and Certifications from Microsoft

Check the FAQ's,
    a simple college student would qualify

• Only students, faculty, and employees of accredited high schools and post-secondary schools (institutes of higher learning) are eligible for the Student Second Shot offer. Participants must show proof of this status to the test site administrator before they take their Microsoft Certification exam.

This^ is at the bottom of the FAQ.

Interesting...

I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    UnionUnion Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know how strict they are on checking the ID's?

I am not currently enrolled in school but still have my ID from school and it doesn't have any type of date on it and my appearance hasn't really changed. If I show this will it work out for a discount?

Thanks
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Union wrote: »
    Does anyone know how strict they are on checking the ID's?

I am not currently enrolled in school but still have my ID from school and it doesn't have any type of date on it and my appearance hasn't really changed. If I show this will it work out for a discount?

Thanks
    It would probably work but it would be ethically wrong. That being said I doubt MS would ever find out.
    As far as checking the student ID as a WGU student I've not been asked for my student ID when taking any of these tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Very disappointing, there is not a version for the 70-685 icon_sad.gif
    Dang. That probably means you're stuck with the $120 price tag (or whatever the full price is)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Dang. That probably means you're stuck with the $120 price tag (or whatever the full price is)

Well, I do have a 15% off from MS Press. That will help a little.
  • Options
    Too bad you can't use multiples of those or you'd be able to practically do it free.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    72 exams are limited. Looks like the only one in the MCSE series is the 72-290. Too bad I didn't take it, could have saved $60.

Oh well, in the world of certification, $60 is chump change anyway. Including books, practice software, cbt videos, and the actual exam cost I estimate my MCSA costed me $1500. Hopefully it pays off!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Registered today for the 72-291. Only cost me $60. Second shot to boot too.

Nice.