Frame Relay: Subinterfaces question

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm going through the frame relay sections of my main study guide (Odom's book), since this seems to be one of the areas I'm finding especially difficult, and I have just a quick question. On page 497 it discusses a partially meshed network, using point-to-point subinterfaces for each DLCI; then on page 503 it discusses a partially meshed network with some fully meshed parts. This also uses subinterfaces, but the subinterface connecting the full meshed section is multipoint rather than point to point. I'm curious if it would be possible to use 2 point-to-point subinterfaces on the same subnet for DLCI 502 and 503 instead, or if there's any reason why the multipoint is better?
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
    bermovick wrote: »
    I'm curious if it would be possible to use 2 point-to-point subinterfaces on the same subnet

On Router A, you wouldn't be able to have 2 separate subinterfaces each with an IP in the same subnet since this would cause an address overlap.

Does that help?
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    typesh wrote: »
    On Router A, you wouldn't be able to have 2 separate subinterfaces each with an IP in the same subnet since this would cause an address overlap.

Does that help?

Doh! Good point. I forgot about that.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno