Options

Resume Objectives & References: Yes / No?

codeacecodeace Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks, Below is what I have in my resume "Objective To work as an Information Security Professional at Inc. and put my technical experience and professional skills to best use. - - - - References Available on request." 1. Do you think it makes sense to have an objective & references? 2. If yes, does the one mentioned above look good enough? 3. If no, kindly share anything that looks impressive. comments welcome :) have a nice day!
Everything happens for a good reason! Don't question it. Just accept it :)

Comments

• Options
    sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    codeace wrote: »
    Hi Folks, Below is what I have in my resume "Objective To work as an Information Security Professional at Inc. and put my technical experience and professional skills to best use. - - - - References Available on request." 1. Do you think it makes sense to have an objective & references? 2. If yes, does the one mentioned above look good enough? 3. If no, kindly share anything that looks impressive. comments welcome :) have a nice day!

Unless you need filler, no one really uses an "Objective" section anymore, since your objective is to get that job obviously :) and the references part is usually assumed.
  • Options
    codeacecodeace Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Spot on! That was what was in my mind... I've also got a "summary" sections saying what I can offer to a company. Also the cover letter could be used to post some objective oriented specifics (if necessary). Thank you.
    Everything happens for a good reason! Don't question it. Just accept it :)
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    codeace wrote: »

I don't list any references on my resume.

I'll print out a list of three or four references just in case I'm asked to provide them during an interview, but aside from that, I won't mention them unless asked.
    Usus magister est optimus