Options

US staffing agencies that fill positions internationally?

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
Does anyone know of any West Coast US staffing agencies that fill positions overseas with American employee's? Just curious 'cause I've been trying to think of ways to be able to immerse myself in other cultures without having no means of earning. I'm mainly looking at Japan though.

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Try your local armed forces recruiter. :)

Seriously though, I don't know of any, but I would imagine you would have to have an in-demand, VERY specialized skillset that cannot possibly be filled locally (or regionally, or even nationally.) The biggest issue is acquiring a work visa, it takes a lot of time, effort and dinero ono the business's part to work that process.

That being said... when I was in Japan (USAF), I knew a couple of people who were JETs (Japanese English Teachers.) There are programs run on a yearly basis for people to go to Japan for a year and teach English in schools, and you don't have to know Japanese, I think the only requirement is a bachelor's degree. They give you a small place to live, a stipend, and round trip airfare. Definitely worth looking in to, the ones that I knew said it was the best experience of their lives.

edit - I totally had a brain fart. Look into companies that do DoD contracting overseas (CSC, SAIC, GDIT, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, DRS Technologies, SRA international, Oberon Associates, ) as they will have exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry I am a bit frazzled today. :S
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    DeesielDeesiel Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, look on USAJOBS. There are many overseas Fed jobs. It appears as though the Navy is looking to fill some IT positions in Japan.
    AAS in CS/Networking Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS Vista Config, MCSA 2003, CCNA
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    also, for the US Army, check out cpol.army.mil
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, guys. I was looking at armed forces but from what I hear I won't do the job I'm qualified to do where I want to be, I'll do whatever they tell me to do wherever they tell me to. USAF benefits look nice but I don't wanna get stuck somewhere in the MidWest washing dishes or getting blown up out in the field.
  • Options
    securitytech123securitytech123 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would appreciate any advice for obtaining I.T. contract work overseas (Afghanistan/etc.) I’m open to any position, and am willing to travel up to 100%
    Currently, I have the following Certifications: Net+/Security+/CEH-Certified Ethical Hacker (Associates in Computer Science) I am also seeking advice on obtaining the appropriate security clearance, and any insight/advice on using headhunters, etc.
    Honorably discharged from US military (8-years)
    I’m currently employed with Comcast as a Help-Desk Technician (8-years)
    Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!!!
    Michael
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    How about a vacation in Japan ?

I have this desire, and I did a lot of travelling for this purpose. I thought 14 days vacation isn't enough, but you'd be surprised by how much you can do/see in 2 weeks. Try it out, easier than relocating :)
    Anonymouse wrote: »
    ... think of ways to be able to immerse myself in other cultures without having no means of earning. I'm mainly looking at Japan though.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com