Passed ICND1&2

turboturbo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been coming to this site for many years and it's been a great resource for me. I took the ICND1 a couple months ago and passed with an 852, took the ICND2 this morning and passed with a 958. I've been wanting my CCNA for a long time, but life kept getting in the way. Glad this day is finally here!

I used CBT Nuggets, and Train Signal videos mainly. IMO the CBT Nuggets videos were better than the TS ones. I know that Chris Bryant is a something of a genius, but for some reason the teaching styles of Jeremy Cioara seemed to fit me better. If I had to recommend one, it would be CBT Nuggets. I also used the Cisco books by Wendell Odom, didn't read them cover to cover, but glanced over the topics that weren't 100% clear from the videos.

Guess it's time for IINS :)

Comments

• fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats ;)
    CCNP :study:
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! I'm using similar tools but doing my labs via the Cisco Network Academy content. I'm still a little scared of ICND2 though lol.
  • turboturbo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I'm using similar tools but doing my labs via the Cisco Network Academy content. I'm still a little scared of ICND2 though lol.

I know how you feel!! After taking the ICND1 I figured the ICND2 was going to be just awful. lol Found it odd that I scored 100 points higher on ICND2. Either way, I'll take it.

That's a good point, I forgot to mention labs. I setup a small bit of a Cisco lab at the home office. I have 4x 2500 series, 2x 2600, 1 x 1700, and an ASA. Speaking of all that, I need to buy some switches :D
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    congrats on the pass.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the CCNA!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on both passes and earning your CCNA!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!!! Good luck with your IINS studies...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker