wow i really made the right decision

jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I had my ccna about 5 years ago and have gotten away from working in the IT field but i'm trying to get back into it. When I pass the 1st time (well i falled the first time) i read todds book twice and used transcender for question help.. I think transcender is a better study question then a lot other ones because it explains why the answer is correct and gives links to cisco and other sites that explain the question and anwer in more detail. it's not a copy of the questions like what i hear ********* is. But i was going to take todds bootcamp. I read his new book and also cisco press.. Well I was low on money and couldn't afford the $3k right now.. So so far I've spent $600 on my routers and rack.. I stll have $250 more to spend and all i have to say is wow. I've learn so much in just a few days.. i'm working on updating my os of my 2950 switches.. This is the BEST way to learn to pass my ccna for me and get some good hands on experiense.. Everyone on this site has been extreamly helpful in my learning process. So Thanks again to everyone here.

Comments

• TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Definately the best way to learn
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Yep, spending a few $$$ on a rack is definitely a good investment. I wish I hadn't spent the couple of hundred on Routersim when I got started, and spent that on a router or switch instead.

You live and learn...:)
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Hands on is definitely the way to go. I learned a lot after purchasing my equipment as well. One router worked, but the power supply was out, so I had to replace it. On all of them I got to install WIC cards. I had never seen the inside of a router back when I started my CCNA, so I was like a kid in the candy store when I was first getting started. :D My wife still calls my routers and switches JUNK BOXES. LMAO. But, it's all good, she knows I love learning this stuff and that it helps pay the bills icon_thumright.gif