Options

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions - Read Only Documents - TS

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
We have some Windows Server 2008 terminal servers with Office 2007 installed. All of the main folders (Documents, Pictures, Roaming AppData etc are redirected). We have a GPO that restricts access to the server’s local common drives (C:\ etc). When our users open and select ‘Save As’ on attachments from Outlook within Word/Excel etc, they are presented with the following error box:-

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator.

This also occurs for any read-only office document, when you try to 'Save As'.
Clicking ‘OK’ takes them straight to their ‘Documents’ (default) directory and they can then carry on as normal.
I did think it would be related to the default save location within Office, but this is set correctly to the users’ redirected documents location. Also, I tried manually changing the environmental variable locations for %TMP% and %TEMP% to a network location rather than %USERPROFILE%\Temp (So C:\User\%USERNAME%\Temp), but the same issue still occurs.

If I remove the restriction to C:\ and allow access, then everything works fine.

Might be time to take a look through some FileMon logs!

Any ideas on what would cause this to occur?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Luke

Comments