Trancender worth the $500+ price tag?

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was shopping around for some other practice tests for the MCITP:EA and I often hear a lot of talk about Trancender on the forums. Are they really worth the $500+ price tag for the MCITP:EA bundle of practice tests?
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use them for most exams and pay $125-150 a piece, so that's right in the ballpark for what they're offering. I think they're worth it. The only thing I don't like is that they give you the Vista Exam instead of Win7, and you already have that one.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I use them for most exams and pay $125-150 a piece, so that's right in the ballpark for what they're offering. I think they're worth it.

I use them for pretty much all of my test. They give you a good idea of what you can expect, and help you determine your weak areas. They are a powerful tool if used correctly.

Certifications are expensive, but they can open new doors and will usually easily will pay for themselves.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks. I just wanted to make sure before I spent the $$$. I will probably just get them individually since I have already completed the client OS requirement.

I just came across Kaplan SelfTest software. The article I read said that they purchased Trancender. There 30 day access is only $50 which is half the price as the Trancender 30 day price. Can anyone confirm tif these are the same practice tests or not?
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kaplan is the parent company to Transcender. Some people say that they offer the same tests for cheaper. (I don't see how they can offer the exact same thing. If they did nobody would buy Transcender.) But I don't know. I like to stick with what I know works.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are not the same. You do get less with STS, but at significant savings. I want to get as much out of my practice tests as possible, but YMMV.
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I started using Transcender during my NT 4.0 days. It has always been the closest thing to every Microsoft Exam I have taken. I attribute passing all of my exams to using Transcender towards the end of my studies. I will be purchasing Transcender this weekend for my 70-640 exam.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+