Options

1Y1-A18 - Where Have I Been?

2»

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Not as far as I know. I would expect to see a date towards the end of August.

And there we go Exam A18 - "NOTE: The final exam is targeted to be available in September 2010." icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lol - none of this gives me confidence as this is my first Citrix exam. A bit busy with work this week too.

I have that Ports List printed out and stuck near my face! :)

I have built a little Hyper-V XenApp6 farm and are having a play. It's taking some getting used to that half the stuff has been moved into Policies but there you go.

I do have some on the job experience but most of it is administration in XP and PS4. I'm reading the Admin Guide on the Citrix site, my rubbish XenApp5 book and watching demos on the Citrix TV site. I've also done that free online course which did teach me a few things.

So you don't find out your score straight away? Is that a Citrix thing or just Beta exams?
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Normally for Betas you do not get a score right away. I have gotten my score for every live Citrix exam as soon as I finished.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Well yesterday was a real battle to get to the end.

After 3 hours I realised that I still had a long way to go icon_sad.gif I had spent so much time adding comments I forgot I had to complete with a time limit. In the end I left with 10 minutes to spare.

A huge spectrum of questioning and so many items really took it out of me sleeping.gif

Don't think I will miss the pass mark by too much (when it is calculated) but am sure my efforts were not enough to see me though this time. I will however let you all know as soon as I do.

Good luck to anyone that still has this one booked.
  • Options
    my rubbish XenApp5 book

Which book?
    So you don't find out your score straight away? Is that a Citrix thing or just Beta exams?

You should get notification, either way, 6-8 weeks after the beta period ends.
  • Options
    Which book?.

The Syngress "Real" CCA book for XenApp5. It's full of mistakes and it's fragmented - like they've copied and pasted from multiple sources. Has things obviously taken from marketing material and others obviously from old books.

I've actually been quite impressed with the official Admin guide on the Citrix website - pretty clear for OEM documentation

Anyway took the exam this morning. Some questions I found really easy, others gave me a headache. I reckon my score could go either way so a long time to wait for it! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    Well yesterday was a real battle to get to the end.

After 3 hours I realised that I still had a long way to go icon_sad.gif.

Glad someone else had a similar experience as I did haha. It wasn't so brutal from a technical standpoint even though the questions were all over the place. It was more brutal from a mental aspect. It was like... let’s see how long someone can sit in a chair and answer mind numbing questions before they pass out lol.
  • Options
    It wasn't so much the difficulty although I did feel a batch were hard due to my lack of experience but more like doing a marathon! I got to the 120 question mark and had to close my eyes for a few minutes! icon_blackeye.gif
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It wasn't so much the difficulty although I did feel a batch were hard due to my lack of experience but more like doing a marathon! I got to the 120 question mark and had to close my eyes for a few minutes! icon_blackeye.gif
    Only 120 questions? I remember one beta test from a "to be left unnamed vendor" that was 240 Q's in 4 hrs (that's 1 a minute) I tore the exam development manager a new one when I got home. I'm pretty sure each question was basically asked 2-4 different ways just to screw with my mind. :)
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    Only 120 questions?

NO, it was just shy of 200 questions over 235 minutes (if I am allowed to say that)
    astorrs wrote: »
    I remember one beta test from a "to be left unnamed vendor" that was 240 Q's in 4 hrs (that's 1 a minute) I tore the exam development manager a new one when I got home. I'm pretty sure each question was basically asked 2-4 different ways just to screw with my mind. :)

LOL they can be right ***INSERT EXPLETIVE HERE *** ;)
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm not being clear but I meant I hit the "wall of pain" that you get in marathons when I got to the 120 question mark. I too had a similar number as above.
  • Options
    It seems like a lifetime ago already that I took this beta, but I just logged into Pearson VUE and my results are up ..... I passed icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Mine says "pass" too! icon_cheers.gif

I thought we were supposed to get a letter or something? I'd like to know my score.

How long is it before Citrix get updated?
  • Options
    Updates are already on CertManager. CCA for XenApp 6 is all filled in :D Score report should come through the post soon but it could take another 6 or so weeks (I've waited longer before now). The score report is just like the normal one that you get at the end of a production exam.

Congratulations on the pass.
  • Options
    Congrats back at you. This is especially impressive due to the short time I studied (I literally read the best part of the XenApp6 admin guide in a week!)

I see it's updated already and I now have a Citrix logo on my e-mail icon_cool.gif

According to the same Cert Manager, a certificate was posted yesterday (if you try and request another one it tells you in red).
  • Options
    Congrats back at you.

Thanks dude icon_cool.gif

I had three guys on this beta too, unfortunately none of them passed.
    This is especially impressive due to the short time I studied (I literally read the best part of the XenApp6 admin guide in a week!)

Was this not also your first Citrix exam? Glad you gave it a go?
    I see it's updated already and I now have a Citrix logo on my e-mail icon_cool.gif

icon_lol.gif
    According to the same Cert Manager, a certificate was posted yesterday (if you try and request another one it tells you in red).

Don't forget that you will only get a soft copy via email (PDF format if I remember correctly), unless you are willing to pay for a hard copy.
  • Options
    Was this not also your first Citrix exam? Glad you gave it a go?

It was. I actually put our Citrix guru to shame doing it do so hopefully it will help her get moving on her XenApp6 CCA now it's out officially.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it was you who "forced" me to take this exam. icon_study.gif But glad you did, thanks!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot, it was you who "forced" me to take this exam.

Behold the power of the dark side icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    I have my digital certificate now but still no score report.
  • Options
    I have my digital certificate now but still no score report.

Likewise which is a little annoying as I'm really curious to know if I only just passed, nailed it or something in between! Do you know what the passmark is?

I hope the Score appears in the post as you said previously.
  • Options
    Do you know what the passmark is?

Well according the the Prep Guide it is set at 67%
  • Options
    OK - I've found out from Citrix that you can get your score report off Cert Manager (www.citrixcertmanager.com). Go into the "History" section.

I've found out I got 79%, not the most impressive score but not bad considering how hard I found the length of it and my level of experience!
  • Options
    OK - I've found out from Citrix that you can get your score report off Cert Manager (www.citrixcertmanager.com). Go into the "History" section.

Nice find!

You know what ... I've never even looked in there :)
    I've found out I got 79%, not the most impressive score but not bad considering how hard I found the length of it and my level of experience!

79% is good score no matter how much effort you put in. I thought I would have been close (could have gone either way due to my lack of prep) but my history says 87% icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    79% is good score no matter how much effort you put in. I thought I would have been close (could have gone either way due to my lack of prep) but my history says 87% icon_confused.gif:

To be honest considering I jumped ship from my XenApp5 studying and then studied this only for one week any score above 69% was a good score for me, in other words just a pass!

Well done on yours; maybe you benefited from your actual experience which is a good thing.