Failed ICND1

rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
My first certification exam was a failure. I spent too long on one lab and didn't have time to finish the last 5 questions. I got a 754. It's frustrating because I feel like I would have passed if I had finished on time. I'm not sure how many points each question is worth so not sure.

I got stuck on a subnetting question which I still don't see how the available addresses could have been right.

I'll look over it more and will re-take in 5 days.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Now you know exactly what you're up against and you know what you need to spend a little more time on. You got this!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can do it!!! Just work off the score sheet that you got off and try to get 100% in each domain.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep your head up high and destroy your enemy in the next bout.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson. This forum is full of friendly advice for helping prepare for the exam. One the frequent topics of discussion is about never spending more than 10 minutes on a SIM.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    I can relate. I failed my first attempt with an 803 and I had 3 unanswered questions. I definately learned my lesson with time management. I nailed the exam on my 2nd try.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    You can do it! Stand up, brush the dirt from your knees, and hop back on that bull!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    You got it next time man. Got to pwn the subnetting questions, I spent hours at subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online with a timer set to 10 seconds untill I could ace every question in under 10. And dont forget to yell Leroooy jenkins with you run into the test room!icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll retake it again next week. I'll practice some more subnetting, that slowed me down more than I though it was going to.

I didn't have any issues with the questions except for that one. Well I'll make sure not to take more than 10 mins on sims. I think I took 20 minutes on that one.